News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My thoughts on yesterday

Author Topic: My thoughts on yesterday  (Read 2811 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
My thoughts on yesterday
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:58:45 AM »

Cambridge created more chances overall, coburn made two world class saves,and potter made one from a senior header.I cant help feeling the game was ruined though by another fast tracked dick head on the touchline, the 15 year old linesman nearest to our following was frankly pathetic.He some how managed to miss the fact that cambridges first goal was a country mile offside and that our goal had more than a hint of offside, he also saw fit to wave away the lawton strike that from where we were stood bounced behind the line and back out, and should really have been a goal,it came as no suprise that he didnt have the bollocks to give it.He was taking direction from the ref all afternoon and always went for the easy option and didnt once raise his flag through his own judgement.

Fortunate 2nd goal, but these things happen,fair play to cambridge, all clubs get them sometimes,and they did create the more clear cut chances throughout the game.On to thursday, play like that and we should do a job against woking,well done to those that travelled including teh sneaky pocket in the mainstand  ;D

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: My thoughts on yesterday
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »

Absolutely spot on. Good game to watch though and certainly some comfort in seeing an Alty side show a good deal of resolve and trying hard to take something from a game away at a top 6 side. Sometimes the little bit of luck you need just isn't there.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:20:07 AM »

Othewr than clear cut chances it sounds like we were unlucky?

Could not go due to other commitments, hopefully lady luck will fall our way soon!

Hats off to all that went.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 12:02:21 PM »

That's a very fair summary Hughesy.

I'll have to add that i thought Coburn made FOUR world class saves! If there's a 'keeper out there who should've made more of his career than that fella, then please point me in his direction.

You played very well compared to some loftier sides who come to the Abbey. You soaked up quite a lot of our pressure and Senior always looked dangerous with his intelligent runs. Surprised at Colin Little though, spent most of his time with his hands on his hips whinging at his team-mates.

As for 'that' shot that hit the bar... i thought it was in and i was right at the other end of the ground! You could just tell by the angle of how the ball bounced away that it was a goal... something Quinny comfirmed to a friend of mine after the game.

There is no way you will go down should you carry on playing as you are.

I did think the 2-1 scoreline was a fair result, considering the better chances we created that Coburn saved.

Cheers to the fans who travelled, you made for a good atmosphere, which i thought was fantastic from all concerned.

For the record, out of 3,595 people there were 91 Altrincham supporters.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 01:31:10 PM »

91 plus about 10 in the main stand for the record.

That was a game that would have been 5-0 before Christmas. The rest has already been said.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »

More than 91, several of us arrived a little late having got sidetracked in the local pubs, we paid cash on the gate but didn't pass through the turnstiles.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 01:45:49 PM »

Were the Alty boys in good voice as usual then?   :)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 01:57:35 PM »

There was a good atmosphere yesterday even if there were drums in both home ends. Plenty of noise from both sets of fans, quite good acoustics in the Habbin Terrace where the Alty fans were housed.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »

We did well for 20 singers!

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »

My vocal chords recovered well after an early wobble!  ;D

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »

Most of what I wanted to say about yesterday's game has already been said on here, but I just want to add that I think the loan players seem to doing more than playing well themselves - they also seem to be inspiring the old guard to reach a higher level. Just brilliant to see Stuart Coburn having one of those wonder games he's so often had for us (although not perhaps so much of late?), Joe O'Neill was indeed superb and looked much fitter and stronger than earlier in the season. I also thought Lawton played well and was certainly unlucky with the shot against the bar.

As disappointing as the result was, what a difference a month has made.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 My thoughts on yesterday