News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well Done Northwich Victoria

Author Topic: Well Done Northwich Victoria  (Read 4375 times)

markecky

« on: December 26, 2007, 06:09:57 PM »

You played with pace, with passion, worked hard, spread the ball well, fought for each other, didn't let your heads drop at 1 down, and got your rewards.   

You appeared to realise what a derby was and you sent your fans home happy, even the gobsh*tes.

And to most of the Altrincham players I hope your night is as sh*t as mine is going to be because I am absolutely devastated.

Somehow, I think it won't be.

Utter spineless clueless embarrasing f**king bollocks.

Wise Green Indian

Re: Well Done Northwich Victoria
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »

The mighty Green Indians drink much fire water in seeing the Red Tribe defeated. Much satisfaction in seeing the heartless fools fail in battle. No pride no soul from the defeated. Even the Red Monkey's who paid for the defeat must admit that the masters from the green hills have risen from the ashes and travel back to the sacred land of Northwich laughing and happy.

Wise Green Indian and his followers rub their hands in expectation when once again the green tribe show the red monkey's that the New Year sky will be green in colour.

Wise Green Indian has spoken....

radcliffe alty

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

Fully agree Ecky, I'm afraid Northwich were simply better in every department today.

We are clearly doomed. The fans deserve better, that shower of sh*te that pulled on the red and white today deserve lower league football because they are clearly not up to standard.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 07:05:22 PM »

Fair play to Vics. They out-fought and out-thought us in every department.
Meanwhile Alty seem to think that putting nine men behind the ball (in the first-half at least) and banging hopeful long passes to our midget strikers will reap rewards. Football, or so I was taught, is about making space and moving into space ( support the player with the ball FFS) when you have possession and closing down space when you are defending- we did non of this today. These basics are difficult, I admit,  when you are playing ex-league sides but today we were at home to a team below us in the table!
Some people have said here that we have better players at Alty than for many years, but we certainly don't have a better team - time for a change in coaching staff I feel.
Feel free to Peake.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »

Some people have said here that we have better players at Alty than for many years, but we certainly don't have a better team - time for a change in coaching staff I feel.
Feel free to Peake.

Agreed.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:06:18 PM »

I actually don't feel that today's was the worst performance I've seen this season, let alone in many seasons. We were far worse at Histon, to take one example. But it wasn't good enough to stay up and the underlying failings of this team are depressingly consistent:

- A long ball game with two small strikers.
- Elementary mistakes which result in goals - Little and Scott both gave the ball away cheaply in the run-up to the equaliser.
- A failure to take chances. Had Aspinall scored, the whole day may have been very different.
- A lack of fight when we're behind. With the exception of Colin Little's great second half effort, we created nothing once we went behind and never looked like a team that expected to get back level.

What I find the most depressing is that, in similar circumstances, the board at Stafford Rangers have felt that results necessitated a change. But at Alty, it feels as if we, the fans, are being told to accept the unacceptable.
I think we all understand the strictures of the part time/full time thing. What we want to see is a team playing to close to its full potential. And under the current management, we are nowhere near that.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »

Fair play to Vics. They out-fought and out-thought us in every department.
Meanwhile Alty seem to think that putting nine men behind the ball (in the first-half at least) and banging hopeful long passes to our midget strikers will reap rewards. Football, or so I was taught, is about making space and moving into space ( support the player with the ball FFS) when you have possession and closing down space when you are defending- we did non of this today. These basics are difficult, I admit,  when you are playing ex-league sides but today we were at home to a team below us in the table!
Feel free to Peake.

Why Peake someones honest & intelligent opinion? Whether I agree or not, have a Goodwin!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 09:28:05 PM »

Have to admit we were outplayed today. Well done Vics.

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 10:11:08 PM »

That's football,,,, we felt the same last year and against 10 men!,, dont be too despondant although bottom of the league,you were playing an 'inform' team [ now 3 wins and 1 draw out fo 4 games , promotion stuff!! ]
I believe we will stay up and hope you do to continue our festive derbies.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 10:15:38 PM »

Nice comment and I hope we both stay up.

The problem with today was the lack of pride and passion, th defeat I can live with if the team puts in the effort.
See you next year

Not Alty but well Salty

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 10:23:43 PM »

Actually thought Vics were more gutless and below par  last Boxing Day than Alty were today- the difference being that today`s match was a key relegation scrap. But, yes, things can soon turn for the better or the worse (apart from the elite billionaire set who are not really subject to real competition week-in week-out- I`m referring to the Chelsea`s and Man U`s of this world).

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 07:38:11 AM »

Quite simply the table were turned round from last seasons game. This time Alty had no heart for it whereas Vics were up for it.

I'm still fuming about the result and a certain player so I'm best saying my peace after a few more hours of work and I've somehow come to terms with an Alty performance that lacked heart from at least 50% of the players.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »

Quite simply the table were turned round from last seasons game. This time Alty had no heart for it whereas Vics were up for it.

I'm still fuming about the result and a certain player so I'm best saying my peace after a few more hours of work and I've somehow come to terms with an Alty performance that lacked heart from at least 50% of the players.

:D   :D

That's the first time I've smiled for about 18 hours!! You're not the happoest of bunnies a lot of the time but I'm giggling at the 'speech' you must have had in your head while you were waiting for him.

Put it in writing mate and send it to the club, it's a case for sacking for gross misconduct.

Or fining him 2 weeks wages which would be even handier.

I'm not going to say which player it was but he's no Mick Carmody put it that way!

Totally agree with Ecky's post. I felt like grabbing those Pride, Passion, Belief photos, going into the dressing room and throwing them at the f**kers to be honest!

Chubby NVFC

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 01:05:57 PM »

Thanks for the kind words lads, what can I say, we had a VERY GOOD DAY. It put the misery of last seasons debacle to bed and save for one drunken pillock chucking mud at our coach as we left, we all had a fine time.
  Loved the chefs hat joke but can someone tell me why your directors invited Connett to the game as their guest?

Good luck for 2008 (after New Years Day that is!)

louise1925

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 01:12:06 PM »

The directors invited Connett to the game as their guest? Maybe things could get worse afterall!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team