PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall  (Read 7100 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »

I was against splitting up Havern and Leather today, but it seems Marshall came in and put in a real shift based on the Radio Robins commentary and my reliable source at the game.

Well done all the lads for a very good result!  :)
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Lee Sinnott and Tom Marshall
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »

Big big win, they were a bit industrial, they had a bit of the ball but we played well

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 05:56:15 PM »

Unfortunately I couldn't be present today, but I thought before the game that we might just edge it. I think Braintree are about at our level and their performance in the league last season is something we should be aspiring to, so all in all a great win.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »

Their discipline went to pot second-half but they still had chances to win it while we continued to waste ours. I was hoping they were going to be a bit like Worcester City the season before last and really lose the plot. Don't think I've ever seen four bookings in two minutes before.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »

Good result thought dens was man of match

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »

Masher did well today , a hard earned  victory .

eightiesrobin

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »

Not pretty, but effective enough. Well done all.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 07:17:45 PM »

Marshall played well as did Densmore, Leather and Havern. Their number 21 (?) got found out second half, might have been 7ft but he was awful, blatantly looking to just block off Reeves and his runs. The 2 shots they had that hit the bar could have gone in on another day but I think we deserved the win. Good save again from Coburn even though the lad was offside. Pleasing 3 points

markecky

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »

Good three points.  About time we didn't end someones poor run. 

A real battle but we stuck to our passing principles well and dug in when it mattered. I still believe Marshall to be an adequate third choice centre half and he did well today although all the back four did,  especially Scott on his wrong foot. Dens excellent as well but rarely lets us down.

They will think they deserved a point with the hitting the bar twice but I think we had the better chances overall.  Excellent turnout from their fans for the distance as well.

Not a classic but it was two pretty even sides.

Just glad that referee didn't cost us anything, to let everything go and then book about 5 in 5 minutes was ridiculous.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »

Couple of their fans delighted to get free tickets at the town centre event this morning.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

A real battle but we stuck to our passing principles well and dug in when it mattered. I still believe Marshall to be an adequate third choice centre half and he did well today although all the back four did,  especially Scott on his wrong foot. Dens excellent as well but rarely lets us down.

They will think they deserved a point with the hitting the bar twice but I think we had the better chances overall.  Excellent turnout from their fans for the distance as well.

Just glad that referee didn't cost us anything, to let everything go and then book about 5 in 5 minutes was ridiculous.
I disagree thought Marshall was sh*t as ever, and Braintree played on it

And it wasn't two even sides, we were well better

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »

I'm happy with the title of the thread. I think Marshall has been a better player than last year and today he's been in a back four which kept a clean sheet. I believe the form of Densmore is as important as the choice of the other three back four players. Since he returned from injury he has played significantly better. I think today might be the first time he has played with Havern, Marshall and Leather - the stats might prove me wrong there.

In an ideal world I would prefer a back four of Dens Havern Leather and Griffin but today's players all played very well, Marshall included. The absences of Griffin and Crowther made the number of options available to Sinnott at the back very limited, yet they all contributed magnificently. IMHO.

And yes, we were the better team.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 08:58:29 AM »

I don't rate him and think he shouldev gone in the summer however he was ok yesterday and to say he played sh*t is just saying it for the sake of it

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »

A hard eardnd 3 points. Just shaded the game. Thought the back 4 were all terrific.

Don't know why he played Cavanagh  over Williams

In the 5 games we gone 4-4-1-1 we have won 3, drawn 1 & lost 1. This is not how I would set up but fair to the management its working.

On to Barwell where the winning team receives £12,500 plus a place in the next round.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »

I agree about williams I think he has been are best midfielder since he's come however cav did have a good game
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team