News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A game of two halfs

Author Topic: A game of two halfs  (Read 2062 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A game of two halfs
« on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »

A game of two halfs, they out muscled and outplayed us in the first but I felt we stood off too much, whether that was to save our energy to go at them in the second or simply they were better than us. Whittaker class and the wide left impressed me.

First time ever I have shouted for Kyle to come at half time ( Jolly can confirm this ). Long ball is not pretty but sometimes it's needed against certain teams, Macc hate being closed down and they can't deal with the long ball when there is a presence up top, it's been the same in all the games. Our effort and tempo was outstanding second half and every player apart Ryan stepped up. I never known us to look so dangerous from set pieces and deserved at least  draw.

I thought all players were excellent second half but I need to mention Richman, he was like superman the area he covered, made me feel sick watching him haha! Sometimes you have to not be so pretty and turn it into a battle and it was definitely the correct half time sub. I actually feel gutted because the second half performances deserved a result.

We go again.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A game of two halfs
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:20:18 PM »

I have slated Marshall and Perry at times but both excellent tonight and Marshall is playing well.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

I listened to RR and really thought we would get something out of that game.

The BBC had us with one shot in the first half, Macc with 8 and 1 on target. By the end of the match Macc had 9 shots, 1 on target and we had about 15 or 16 with 5 or 6 on target.

I gather the Perry offside was not offside - can anyone give any perspective on that?

From the RR commentary Perry was at the heart of everything and Marshall was solid at the back - credit to them for proving their value to the team and LS for sticking with them.

catherinestreet

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:38:10 PM »

The BBC had us with one shot in the first half, Macc with 8 and 1 on target. By the end of the match Macc had 9 shots, 1 on target and we had about 15 or 16 with 5 or 6 on target.

I gather the Perry offside was not offside - can anyone give any perspective on that?

From the RR commentary Perry was at the heart of everything and Marshall was solid at the back - credit to them for proving their value to the team and LS for sticking with them.

I'll give you a perspective. Perry was very good and your equaliser looked to have nowt wrong with it.

Hilarious!

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »

Yes your fans will enjoy wetherspoons tomorrow

Hamilton

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:44:14 PM »

I'll give you a perspective. Perry was very good and your equaliser looked to have nowt wrong with it.

Hilarious!

We still win on away goals!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A game of two halfs