News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Squad

Author Topic: The Squad  (Read 1364 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The Squad
« on: September 26, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »

Whilst we're hardly out of the cacky yet our squad has performed quite well in our previous 2 games. So just wondering what changes we would make to the new squad?

Personally I think it's mainly about getting our boys fit through loans, matches or whatever and I'm still scared every time Joseph is anywehere near the ball so perhaps a loan right back.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Squad
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »

A full back and the ubiquitous 20 goal-a-season striker  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

Re: The Squad
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »

very difficult....depends on what formation we want to play long term.....if 4-4-2 then we could ship out two of the centre defenders and bring in one of better quality?...if 3-5-2 then we perhaps need to concentrate on the right full back/wing back situation....similarly if i was ken I'd be considering shipping out two strikers and bringing one in of better quality...and fit!

I'd say a right back/wing back....we've supposedly got a 20 goal a season striker on a 2 year deal who needs to get fit somehow.....but how do we fit clee doughty and densmoreall into a wing back situation?

keeper situation looks OK, centre mid looks OK, we've got clee, doughty and densmore and we are top heavy with strikers...and seem to have aquired 3 centre halves (!)

first things first i think we need to get everyone fit and fitted into the jigsaw....or if we are not confident about certain people's ability to get fit then I think they are first needed to be shipped out and replaced with fitter versions even if they are of lesser quality....

I do think ken has the spine of a reasonable team...he's just got to find the round pegs for the round holes....I think the weakness is attacking and defending down the right hand side..the left looked very good on saturday.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Squad