PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Pitch
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Pitch  (Read 2806 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The Pitch
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2024, 03:39:30 PM »

I believe we are in contact with Bodge it and Scarper about them sorting it foc
The thing is, the guys we used are the same guys that Wrexham brought in straight after to fix their disaster of a pitch. Supposedly the experts at this sort of thing.

The only solution to this issue is to not have a massive water table less than 1m from the surface. Which means moving.
So the "experts" should have been professional and enquire about local drainage features then turn the job down. It's classic cowboy behaviour to carry out work, bank the money and then wash your hands (no shortage of water) of the consequences.Money down the drain.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2024, 03:52:15 PM »

Depends what they claimed they could do. They could have said this will help and you’ll postpone 3 games a year instead of 10 but it won’t solve your problem. We then decide whether it’s worth it or not. You can’t blame them without knowing what the appointment process was. If they did claim that they could fix it then you are quite right.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2024, 04:13:30 PM »

Covers might help but you've still got to be able to get rid of the run off. Water tends not to go uphill.

Were the photos doing the rounds on Facebook?

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2024, 09:55:05 AM »

Other than what i have learned on here i know very little about drainige systems , water tables etc . What i do know is that we have beem plying our trade on this hallowed turf for 114 years of which i have been watching the action for almost halt of that. Other than the last 5 seasons or so i honestly can't recall our pitch being that problematical the previous 50 and certainly nowhere near the level of games lost due to waterlogging issues . We never had covers or the like over that time either and even for the times our reserves played here (and rugby too!) there must have been periods of rainfall similar down the years and the pitch always held up really well in the past. I've probably missed something here but i don't quite get it to be honest.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2024, 01:40:13 PM »

I disagree, I actually think the pitch has been pretty decent this past couple of years but we've been pretty fortunate with the weather up until now.

Many of our home games have coincided with floods being broadcast on national television, and the likes of Rochdale / Halifax will undoubtedly have pitches as heavy as ours.

Can we make improvements? Of course we can - but I doubt many previous iterations of the ptitch would have stood up to the weather we've had in the run-up to games this season.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Pitch