News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes on the way

Author Topic: Changes on the way  (Read 3071 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Changes on the way
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:41:13 PM »

I think I'm correct in saying that Williams and Lawrie have to go back to Telford after Saturday's game at Halifax?

Lee Sinnott has already said he's looking to bring one in (hopefully before the weekend) and I sincerely hope that the two places freed up by the loan players departing will enable two more to come in. Assuming that we are able to work on a one in, one out basis, it seems likely that 3 new players will arrive in the next 10 days. Who knows, maybe more will leave, thus enabling more new faces to come in?

Hopefully we'll see the defence totally revamped and the midfield strengthened. I just hope that sentiment goes out of the window and the right changes are made while there's still time to rescue our season. Other people know better than I where the weaknesses lie in the team but things must be addressed. I've been pretty defensive of Lee Sinnott and I maintain that he should be given more time, but he really needs to earn his corn and halt this recent dip in form before things get out of hand.

There is a clear window of opportunity for decisive action to be taken, let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

Re: Changes on the way
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:54:11 PM »

I think I'm correct in saying that Williams and Lawrie have to go back to Telford after Saturday's game at Halifax?

Lee Sinnott has already said he's looking to bring one in (hopefully before the weekend) and I sincerely hope that the two places freed up by the loan players departing will enable two more to come in. Assuming that we are able to work on a one in, one out basis, it seems likely that 3 new players will arrive in the next 10 days. Who knows, maybe more will leave, thus enabling more new faces to come in?

Hopefully we'll see the defence totally revamped and the midfield strengthened. I just hope that sentiment goes out of the window and the right changes are made while there's still time to rescue our season. Other people know better than I where the weaknesses lie in the team but things must be addressed. I've been pretty defensive of Lee Sinnott and I maintain that he should be given more time, but he really needs to earn his corn and halt this recent dip in form before things get out of hand.

There is a clear window of opportunity for decisive action to be taken, let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

Two defenders and a midfielder, you'd think?

The best central defensive partnerships tend to consist of one big, powerful bastard willing to kick the sh*t out of forwards and head himself to brain damage, with another more prone to dropping off and reading the game. A sort of Greg Young and Mark McGregor situation. Only thing is, I don't know where the hell Lee is going to find them. Unless he has faith in Flynn to improve and take up one of the roles?

Maybe we need to give a creative midfielder a bit of time to settle in order to address that problem? It does strike me as odd that we rejected Carlos Roca after very little playing time, then he comes back to bite us on the arse by being MOM against us. There have been others for whom I had high hopes but then seemed to disappear. Carden, for example.

Toppers

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »

I think we need a new back 4, a right winger an a centre midfielder, to much this season the midfield has gone walk abouts

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »

It does strike me as odd that we rejected Carlos Roca after very little playing time, then he comes back to bite us on the arse by being MOM against us.

Odd?......isn't inevitable the word you were loking for?....it always bloody happens!!!

thegazelle

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »

was rocca the guy who made the sh*t back pass against vics if so he should have been thrown out

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 04:45:56 PM »

was rocca the guy who made the sh*t back pass against vics if so he should have been thrown out

That was Carlos Logan.
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 08:27:20 AM »

IMHO James Lawrie has been our best player this season. we should be bending over backwards to keep him.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »

IMHO James Lawrie has been our best player this season. we should be bending over backwards to keep him.
He has to go back because his loan period has reached its maximum unfortunately.

bumble

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »

Andy Burgess is now looking for a club after leaving corby town

(same for nick rogan)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:02 PM »

(same for nick rogan)

I'm not quite sure a fancy dan ball playing midfielder with questionable heart and commitment is top of the wish list at the moment to be honest with you.

I'm surprised him and Rogan have left Corby though with it being so local and such an obviously suitable club for them.  :D

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:48 PM »

(same for nick rogan)

We've got enough strikers already IMO, it's the defence and midfield which seriously need some attention.
Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Changes on the way