Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)  (Read 24077 times)

Midlands Alty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
Re: Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:28 AM »

There really are not enough words to describe the effect Geoff Goodwin has had on our football club!
Amidst everything else, the way our club is run makes us all proud to be Alty supporters.
Many thanks for saving and progressing our club.

seasonticket

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »

GG has made a huge difference to this club during difficult times. If more clubs had Chairmen of GGs clibre then football would be in a far better state.
Thank you Geoff (and family) for everything. It is down to you that we still have a club to support.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 08:37:15 AM »

Geoff, your decision not to pursue the club for the money it owed you but to get involved in running it not only saved it but enabled it to regain its self respect. I've followed the club for 40 years now and personally feel your influence on its culture eclipses even the White and Swales era on which I was brought up. We are now a financial secure, well supported community club playing at the highest level (in real terms) it ever has. I know we can continue what you've started here. Thanks and all the very best for the future. 

taxi Phil

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »

I would just like to say thank you for all your lovely comments to your (ex) Chairman, my husband , Geoff Goodwin.  Geoff is very touched by your kind words, and has even shed a tear, not something he does often!  We will definately not be strangers to the club, and look foward to standing with you all very soon.  The club is in good hands with the current board, led by Grahame Rowley.   Thank you again from Suzanne Goodwin x

Thanks again ! It's responses like this that make us realise how very fortunate we have been to have Geoff and his family in our camp !

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »

The Alty GG leaves is a far better club than the one he joined.  Can't say any more than that.

VofD

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »

Very many thanks Geoff for your contribution to Altrincham FC. Best wishes to you and your family.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »

It is unlikely that anyone will surpass what Noel White & Peter Swales did for our club in the 1960's, but Geoff's contribution has been immense.In a way, the fact that he wasn't involved in all the nitty gritty stuff, was a very positive thing, as it allowed him to focus on the more important stuff.To clear £650,000 of debt & progress the club from The UniBond League, via Conference North to six seasons in Conference National is quite incredible.

Fantastic stuff Geoff....you are leaving at a difficult moment, but you are leaving the club in very good shape!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:47:20 PM by Brian Flynn »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2010, 10:17:57 AM »

Your contribution to this club has been immense, most importantly you brought common sense, good down to earh values and reality into the club (doesnt come naturally to most football fans or indeed Directors) and together with your excellent board completely turned around the fortunes of a club,.... that I really feared for before you took over (and I was involved myself so know the situation).

You will be greatly missed, but should feel very proud of what you achieved, may I wish you and your family the best wishes for the future and we hope to see you at Alty games in years to come. ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »

I've just spoken to Geoff in Sale and the guy in genuinely moved by the response to his resignation.

I'll keep the rest of the conversation confidential, suffice to say that I anticipate developments the outfall from which, if it comes to light, may surprise some people who post on here

Jezza

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 11:50:18 AM »

Thank you Geoff for all you have done for my football club.

It is difficult to sum up Geoff's contribution.....but I think he has absolutly led this club, held it together when implosion would have been easier and given everyone connected to it a genuine pride in Altrincham FC and the way it goes about it's business.....with his bullish but likeable determination he has driven this club and commanded the respect required for everyone to follow his lead.

He has been a great leader and given us all some great entertainment while taking us from massively in debt staring non league oblivion in the face to where we are today.

Not bad for someone not interested in football....I hope he has enjoyed the ride as much as we fans have.

While I am sad that this era has come to an end, I admire those who go out while they are still on top because it means they will always be remembered for the right things.....I think we have a new Alty legend

Oh Wayne Bradley....we're not a big club anymore....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:53:40 AM by Jezza »

RocketDan

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »

I anticipate developments the outfall from which, if it comes to light, may surprise some people who post on here

I don't think anything would surprise me any more... either way, let's hope it's a pleasant surprise (Russian billionaire etc.)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »

Bloody hell ATS, could you dangle a bigger carrot?

I hope it's all positive and moves the club forward.... and we find out soon...

Longman

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »

Thanks Geoff, also if you were wondering who the lunatic honking his horn and waving on the M6 North was about a year ago whilst you were driving you sons karting lorry I think it was, then it was me!

Thanks again.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:23 PM »

I anticipate developments the outfall from which, if it comes to light, may surprise some people who post on here

I don't think anything would surprise me any more... either way, let's hope it's a pleasant surprise (Russian billionaire etc.)

I must admit, with Geoff's sense of decency, I can't see him not having something lined up.

bigcol

« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2010, 01:13:59 PM »

is it too much coincidence to link this with the Nash's cash injection of late?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)