Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)  (Read 24077 times)

jamestimperleyrobin

Re: Geoff Goodwin Resigns
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »

I did mention this about a week ago in another thread as his son told me but as usual nobody beleived me :P

You did James - well done.

I think you were ignored because no one wanted to believe it !

haha, it's alright lads :P

fuertes

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 03:05:40 PM »

Many thanks to Geoff. A calming, stabilising presence in the boardroom and a big reason why we've done so well over the last few years. Best of luck to you in the future. Here's hoping your lad ends up a multimillionaire F1 driver - I'm sure he wouldn't forget about Alty FC, would he?  ;)

Maybe some of our big shareholders like Ricky Ponting and Jason Gillespie might take more of an interest now?  :D

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 03:40:45 PM »

Thanks Geoff - You did the club proud and have been a wonderful ambassador for the club.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »

Once when I got over excited and screamed for my money back at v Dagenham and Redbridge, GG had a word in my ear. His words were as follows:- 'Graham Heathcote is doing his best. If he goes then I go.' From where I sit I hope this is not a self fulfilling prophecy.

Heffer

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

Once when I got over excited and screamed for my money back at v Dagenham and Redbridge, GG had a word in my ear. His words were as follows:- 'Graham Heathcote is doing his best. If he goes then I go.' From where I sit I hope this is not a self fulfilling prophecy.

I think it is!

GH will be gone by the end of the week

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »

I agree, can't see him staying much longer if Goodwin has backed out.

Heffer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 04:38:43 PM »

I agree, can't see him staying much longer if Goodwin has backed out.

Maybe this could be the end of the "closed shop" which currently exists at Moss Lane

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »

Thanks Geoff for the hard work and fund-raising, and be interesting to see if Mr Rowley wants the job full time, a person who is always around the club and who has a family that do so much also.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 05:06:40 PM »

I support all of the positive comments re GG. Good luck to him.

I do find it suprising that the board will now wait over a week to convene and discuss next steps. Surely an Extraordinary board meeting is called for? like........ tonight/tomorrow..... Surely everything should now be discussed? If there is nobody to replace GG, the GR steps in and the debarcle that has been going on for the last 2 - 3 weeks gets sorted out i.e. does the manager stay/go? A firm statement to the fans indicating what the club is/isn't doing. ???

The Undertaker

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

thanks geoff for everything you have done at the club  :)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

To be honest, this is no real surprise at all, GG was going a year or so ago for the same reasons, and I know the board have been looking for some time now for new blood, and money. GR is a very capable man and rushing into EGM's is a total over-reaction. In terms of how the club runs this doesnt change much day to day.

I for one am just pleased that GG extended his stay with us and continued his great work. The club is still debt free, still well run and others will come in and follow Geoff's great work I'm sure,....all we need is 3 points at Eastbourne ;D

Heffer

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »

To be honest, this is no real surprise at all, GG was going a year or so ago for the same reasons, and I know the board have been looking for some time now for new blood, and money. GR is a very capable man and rushing into EGM's is a total over-reaction. In terms of how the club runs this doesnt change much day to day.

I for one am just pleased that GG extended his stay with us and continued his great work. The club is still debt free, still well run and others will come in and follow Geoff's great work I'm sure,....all we need is 3 points at Eastbourne ;D

Rubbish an EGM is needed and is needed to happen tonight - the whole club is in chaos

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

I think the announcement of Geoff leaving is less of a shock than maybe people think. With him saying he was thinking of leaving last year I am sure the board would have had a contingency plan in place if this was to happen, hence why Grahame has swiftly becoming acting chair and there is not a blind panic.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »

Thanks for saving our club and how bad this news is depends on whether the new chairman is able to aquire / persuade others to privide the relevant funds to compete in this league.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 06:42:55 PM »

Geoff Goodwin saved this club.  Geoff Goodwin is a true hero to Alty FC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Geoff Goodwin Resigns (GW : POST YOUR THANKS TO GEOFF HERE)