PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 43820 times)

Longman

Re: Today's game
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2008, 04:51:36 PM »

Lost AND DOWN

I wouldn't say that yet. Only a point behind Farsley and Halifax and although they have games in hand who knows what dramas could unfold between now and the end of the season. A season in the BSN would be good fun though Look at all the people we'd be playing.

Why would it be fun?  Surely as a club we want to move forward and be the best we can be?  I'm dumbfounded by people who 'wouldn't mind' going down, absolutely dumbfounded!!!??!

robbie

« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »

What a pleasure it is to get beaten by a great club like the mighty vics, knowing it adds to your misery!!!!

louise1925

« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »

Realistically, Tuesday was the end for us. Can we stay ahead of Vics and get 4th from bottom? Even that's looking quite bleak at the moment.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »

Lost AND DOWN

We're not down yet, attitude like that isn't going to help us stay up to be honest!

No, but I reckon it's what most of us are at least secretly thinking. At the very least the situation looks dire.....whilst there are games left there is hope, however forlorn.

Support when at the games is what is required, but that doesn't stop us having our moments of despair whilst not there (and for those of us who can only follow on the net it's even worse...IMHO).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2008, 04:52:54 PM »

Lost AND DOWN
we have got to be below this yet ----------------------------------------------------
@AltyDaz

Longman

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2008, 04:54:04 PM »

What a pleasure it is to get beaten by a great club like the mighty vics, knowing it adds to your misery!!!!

f**k OFF YOU SAD SOUTHERN PRICK!  Your club is a corrupt shambles and your players cheats.  I hope you go bust.

Butty

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

Look at all the people we'd be playing.

Yes, a nioce fun trip to barrow. Exactly what we've just spent 3 years singing about.

Bath Alty

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »

(and for those of us who can only follow on the net it's even worse...IMHO).

[/quote]

It certainly will be if we go down - no radio, no southern games not even dodgy live text updates :(

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »

You're not making sense Robbie, your coming down with us, it's Farsley who've put us in a pit of despondency. Now hurry along and beat Weymouth on tuesday for us, there'll be more Alty fans thanVics at that game judging by todays pathetic 585!  :D

louise1925

« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2008, 04:56:35 PM »

Three home wins absolutely essential and at least one, possibly two away wins from Burton, Ebbsfleet, Aldershot, Kiddy and Weymouth. Tall order I think!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2008, 04:57:32 PM »

Looking very grim now.....light at the end of the tunnel is getting fainter all the time :(

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »

Longman, for me football isn't a my dick's bigger than yours competition. I'd rather be winning at Southport, Hyde, Droylsden, Stalybridge and Telford than losing at Oxford, Exeter and Stevenage. You play at the highest level you can, but Altrincham face being relegated from the Conference for the third year in succession. Doesn't that tell you something?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »

Now hurry along and beat Weymouth on tuesday for us, there'll be more Alty fans thanVics at that game judging by todays pathetic 585!  :D

Do you think Vic's will let us in half price if we promise to support them?
Full time and proud of it

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »

Looking very grim now.....light at the end of the tunnel is getting fainter all the time :(

If it gets brighter it's only the train rushing towards you.

Longman

« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »

Longman, for me football isn't a my dick's bigger than yours competition. I'd rather be winning at Southport, Hyde, Droylsden, Stalybridge and Telford than losing at Oxford, Exeter and Stevenage. You play at the highest level you can, but Altrincham face being relegated from the Conference for the third year in succession. Doesn't that tell you something?

Nor is it for me, it's a game of pride and effort, to give your maximum effort and have pride in being the best you can be!  To have the attitude of "oh it will be quite nice winning against teams we know we can beat in the league below" is a defeatist attitude, it amazes me how as a fan you can want this?   ??? :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's game