* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 insult

Author Topic: insult  (Read 3152 times)

dino

insult
« on: March 15, 2008, 06:41:57 PM »

heathcote is insulting his team and the supporters by playing so negative......the players we have at our disposal are more than capable of keeping out of relegation places if played to their strenghths. this team can beat the likes of crawley,woking etc...its disgraceful the situation he is putting the club in,and the crap brand of football he solicits. crawley arrived in 5 cars tuesday and were clearly disensentivised and uninterested.they were beatable... eg.vics.  Everyone present tuesday knows an attacking formation would have yielded the points.

jb

Re: insult
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »

correct. poor team selection and tactics have very nearly killed us off.we probably have one last chance to get formation right ...weymouth will loose at burton and vics. GH should stand aside and let GB have a shot at salvation

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 09:01:03 PM »

correct. poor team selection and tactics have very nearly killed us off.we probably have one last chance to get formation right ...weymouth will loose at burton and vics. GH should stand aside and let GB have a shot at salvation

But surely Graham Barrow has some input regarding tactics and team selection?

If not, why are we paying him?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »

But surely Graham Barrow has some input regarding tactics and team selection?

If not, why are we paying him?

Have we improved any since the arrival of Graham Barrow. I really don't think so.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

January was better, but as the loanees have faded so have we.

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »

January was better, but as the loanees have faded so have we.

Looking at it another way, after we stopped picking certain loanees we faded. (Cahill anybody???)

altyf

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »

heathcote is insulting his team and the supporters by playing so negative......the players we have at our disposal are more than capable of keeping out of relegation places if played to their strenghths. this team can beat the likes of crawley,woking etc...its disgraceful the situation he is putting the club in,and the crap brand of football he solicits. crawley arrived in 5 cars tuesday and were clearly disensentivised and uninterested.they were beatable... eg.vics.  Everyone present tuesday knows an attacking formation would have yielded the points.

I agree with most of this...there is no doubt that yesterday, we should have started 4-4-2...not one other team fighting for their lives would play one striker up front against a mid-table side whith nothing to play for...its all very well playing 4-5-1 to try and cut up their passing game, but what's the point in trying to stop them playing football when we are the team that needs the win!!! If we had started yesterday with a more attacking formation, and tried to play football, we could have won it. Why go 0-1 down, and then try and earn a draw by throwing everything at them in injury time! We have to try and get the ball on the ground, get two up front and try and play some good football....all the players showed at Stevenage earlier in the season that we are capable of playing good football and if we could play that game against teams like Grays, Stafford, Salisbury etc we could get more wins! Unfortunately, I can't see us doing this as we seem to resort to smacking, playing to their strengths and losing the game.

dino

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 12:29:20 PM »

i cannot believe this.......heathcote is now blaming the players for recent results. i think they have performed admirably considering the tactics.

whilst not condoning this,most chairmen would intervene and insist his club plays with some adventure.

after watching the club for 40yrs,last home match was the first time i have ever left a game early. i simply cannot watch us toss away our status so meekly and without a fight
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 insult