News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Most Frustrating Club in the country!!

Author Topic: Most Frustrating Club in the country!!  (Read 2060 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« on: December 21, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »

Just got back, bit predictable wasn't it!!

Firstly, I may be in the minority but I have no qualms with Reeves being on the bench. Looking at the last 3/4 games, Reeves has been poor while Perry has been putting the effort in and was arguably our best player at Gloucester. I don't buy into the the '40 odd goal striker on the bench', the form he has been in this season is not that of a 40 goal striker, and you cannot keep a player in the side due to past achievements.

Saying that, Perry was poor today and I would had taken him off and brought Reeves on. The only reason I can think why Sinnott brought Walshaw off was he thinks Reeves and Walshaw now cannot play together due to their falling out. I don't agree with this, but it's the only thing I can think off. If this is the case, Sinnott needs to get them together and tell them 'I don't care that you hate each other, just work as a team for each other on that pitch.' We have 2 of the best strikers in this league, they need to work together if we are to get promotion.

As for the rest of the game, was nearly a day where we showed we are title contenders ie. not playing well, but getting the 3 points. However, a stupid free kick by Lawrie and not clearing our lines in the last attack of the game cost us 2 points. Think we need to get minimum 7 points from the 2 Stalybridge games and Barrow to keep ourselves in there.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

York Alty

Re: Most Frustrating Club in the country!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:41:08 PM »

I felt two all was a fair result over the 90 minutes.  They had enough chances to justify that scoreline. 

BUT, and this is a huge but...we had three points in the bag. Another flaccid performance but we had the game won.

Freekick well into their half. retain possession and it's done and dusted.  What sort of ARSE thinking goes on to try anything other than a simple pass to feet?

Feck 

VofD

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »

Just got back, bit predictable wasn't it!!

Firstly, I may be in the minority but I have no qualms with Reeves being on the bench. Looking at the last 3/4 games, Reeves has been poor while Perry has been putting the effort in and was arguably our best player at Gloucester. I don't buy into the the '40 odd goal striker on the bench', the form he has been in this season is not that of a 40 goal striker, and you cannot keep a player in the side due to past achievements.

Saying that, Perry was poor today and I would had taken him off and brought Reeves on. The only reason I can think why Sinnott brought Walshaw off was he thinks Reeves and Walshaw now cannot play together due to their falling out. I don't agree with this, but it's the only thing I can think off. If this is the case, Sinnott needs to get them together and tell them 'I don't care that you hate each other, just work as a team for each other on that pitch.' We have 2 of the best strikers in this league, they need to work together if we are to get promotion.

As for the rest of the game, was nearly a day where we showed we are title contenders ie. not playing well, but getting the 3 points. However, a stupid free kick by Lawrie and not clearing our lines in the last attack of the game cost us 2 points. Think we need to get minimum 7 points from the 2 Stalybridge games and Barrow to keep ourselves in there.

Can you please explain details of the "falling out".

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »

Reeves is a proven goal scorer

It is the managers job to lead and inspire the players and team

With reeves he seems unable or unwilling to do so

If he leaves he will no doubt re find his form and be a huge loss  for this club
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team