News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Money making idea - alternative to season tickets

Author Topic: Money making idea - alternative to season tickets  (Read 2121 times)

baldrick

« on: July 12, 2007, 08:02:53 AM »

I have noticed that a lot of people support Altrincham as a second team, usually after Manchester United or City. These people attend a considerable amount of games but possibly not enough to make it worth buying a season ticket. So how about producing a book of five tickets for £40. These tickets can be used for any league game and in any combination, ie: one person can attend five games or five people can attend one game or any other combination.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Money making idea - alternative to season tickets
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:26:41 AM »

top idea!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »

I'm not so sure that it would work, its a significant discount being given to people who would probably come anyway. Think it should be limited to certain games, eg one high profile fixture one middling and three lesser, eg category A B and C.

So you could have Northwich or Oxford, then say someone like Cambridge or Stevenage, then your Histon's, Ebbsfleet, Grays etc.

Otherwise the occasional fan would just cherry pick the top games.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:41 AM »

Has been suggested before and the Club did a half season ticket, I think after Christmas.  I thought the idea might be useful to say, students for when they return home at the end of term with their dirty washing

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

It would be good to survey fans to see how many games they go to on average. if the semi-regulars come on average to 8 games sell them 12 games for 10. Then they come to a few more games, only sell them at the start of the season. We may end up getting people to come to 16 or 17 games if they use up the 12 straigh away.

I think its a good idea. They do a similar thing here in france, selling 10 game books, although a monaco season ticket costs 70 euros at the moment, ridiculous value for money. If only prince albert owned alty!

baldrick

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 01:59:14 PM »

SW.....Yes it is a significant discount for people who would probably come anyway, but so is a season ticket. By not restricting it to one person there is the possibility that someone could bring a friend who might never have considered going to an Altrincham game before. That friend could become a regular. Money up front is better than the possibility that someone might turn up and the club seem to want money up front judging by the way they have priced season tickets. I think the idea is worth trying.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team