PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reprieve more likely now?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reprieve more likely now?  (Read 4672 times)

teasybeaver

« on: May 28, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »

Is a reprieve more likely now that Boston have parted company with their managers?

I feel that it might be, they clearly only see more doom n gloom ahead. Maybe this will be reflected by Moules and he'll cut his losses now and stop them joining BSP?

Your views people?

Red N White Dynamite

Re: Reprieve more likely now?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:23:11 AM »

I personally think Boston are doomed. Only a halfwit would let them join the league now as there appears to be no assurnce whatsoever that they can start their fixtures, let alone complete them.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 11:23:44 AM »

If they can't guarantee they can make it through a season at national level they should be placed in BSN, the league looks tinpot as it is with Crawley running around signing players when in administration. Does Johnny boy want the league to look even more of a joke, especially to new sponsors if a team pulls out after 10 games?

Then again, this is the Conference so anything can and will happen!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 11:49:14 AM »

Daycare, not only Boston looking dodgy but also Halifax?

Crawley appear to have a bubble around them that never pops?

Last season there was alot of comment from, the conference, this year very little! Is this a bad sign?

I also feel we will struggle if we stay up? the squad is bare bones, with no cover for injuriesI feel.

teasybeaver

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

I suppose Boston seem doomed to be kicked out then, but the question remains will the conf keep us up as a result. I certainly hope so!

Think we will struggle but June 9th is still plenty of time to bring in players, not to mention there may be a few waiting to see what happens at the AGM before commiting to a club.

Hope is alive, fingers crossed!

lukealty12

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »

confernce have to act quickley who noes bandy may have never left if we stayed up so whats to say players may reject us to go elswhere in BSP then if we do have a reprive then we may have lost out on new signings.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »

I think Ecky previously made a good point when he said we don't usually sign players until pre-season anyway. There is still another clear month after the AGM before pres-season so it shouldn't hamper us much at all with any luck.

Alex

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 01:46:45 PM »

i think the best thing for us to do is to wait and see, and not keep pushing the point of how tinpot boston and crawley are. we are starting to drift towards a FGR and i'm waiting for the rules are rules speach from sum1. i think we should accept that we were relegated from the confrence and prepare for BSN with out thinking we should get a repreave. and then if one comes our way we should take it graciously and be thankful that we were given another chance to play in the national.

*note i am for a repreave i just think we are starting to mention every minor news story about the clubs in the BSP and turn itinto a reason why we should get a repreave, lets just wait and see.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 01:49:39 PM »

i think the best thing for us to do is to wait and see, and not keep pushing the point of how tinpot boston and crawley are. we are starting to drift towards a FGR and i'm waiting for the rules are rules speach from sum1. i think we should accept that we were relegated from the confrence and prepare for BSN with out thinking we should get a repreave. and then if one comes our way we should take it graciously and be thankful that we were given another chance to play in the national.

well said.
*note i am for a repreave i just think we are starting to mention every minor news story about the clubs in the BSP and turn itinto a reason why we should get a repreave, lets just wait and see.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 02:05:11 PM »

Good point, well made.

However, I'd still rather play Oxford than Blyth next season, and if someone goes t1ts up so we can, so be it!

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »

This is a good point. Although I have to say that Boston's management walking out isn't exactly minor news in their plight for survival.

Also, i'm not sure what else there is to talk about right now, no fixtures, no signings, no nostalgia from the gazelle, perhaps this is why the last thread turned into some bizarre parenting debate.

Sure we have to just wait and see. For now i think we're all consigned to a life of Stalybridge and Moor Green but the club would be foolish to have no preperations in plan for a reprieve, especially given whats going on in the build up to the AGM.

I'm going to be blunt here, all of us can paint a picture that it would just be a bonus if we end up staying in the National next year but the truth is that if we don't get a result on the 9th June we'll be gutted. I know I will, and i'm not arsed about deserving to go down and all that sh1t, I just want Alty in the highes league possible!

WiganAlty

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »

Although I am probably one of many who would welcome us remaining in Blue Star National, if this did happen we would undoubtedly be getting a reputation as the team who only survives at that level through the misfortunes of other clubs (Scarborough from 2005/6 season).

However, on the flip side is that we are probably one of only a few clubs (if any others at all) from last season's Conference National to be financially sound. Although this is no guarantee that we would continue in this manner for the full season, I would suggest that there is more likelihood of Altrincham fulfilling all their fixtures than some other teams.

As has been previously mentioned in this thread and previous threads, the logic of any decision is bound to be turned on it's head by the fools who are in charge of the Conference, so expect us to stay down and then one or more other Blue Start National teams to be failing part way through the season.  :o

And remember, it always seems that someone steps in at the last minute, no doubt ensuring that they rescue the situation but with minimal outlay.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 04:39:55 PM by WiganAlty »

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

I personally think Boston are doomed. Only a halfwit would let them join the league now as there appears to be no assurnce whatsoever that they can start their fixtures, let alone complete them.

looks as though they are going to manage to join then doesn't it. ::)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 01:31:29 AM »

i think the best thing for us to do is to wait and see, and not keep pushing the point of how tinpot boston and crawley are. we are starting to drift towards a FGR and i'm waiting for the rules are rules speach from sum1.

First things first, there is a marked difference between fans venting their frustration at seemingly financially corrupt clubs being allowed to remain in the league and a paid member of staff from the club using their position to lobby for another club to be deducted points.

Secondly, no one should be afraid to do a rules are rules speech. The difference is that the rules that could potentially see the end of Crawley are decent rules that punish clubs for gross mismanagement rather than a rule that punishes a club for making an administration error and gaining no advantage from it.

Crawley have cheated to keep their place in the league. They owe people money, instead of paying them back they have spent the money on good wages to keep them up. If they can't give assurances that this money will ever be paid I will be one of the first to tell them that rules are rules and if they hadn't tried to cheat they wouldn't have suffered such a fate. We of course did not cheat nor did we attempt to cheat, therein lies the difference between us and Crawley.

Although I am probably one of many who would welcome us remaining in Blue Star National, if this did happen we would undoubtedly be getting a reputation as the team who only survives at that level through the misfortunes of other clubs (Scarborough from 2005/6 season).

There are a number of criteria that a club must fulfill if it wishes to compete in the Conference, one of which is that they must achieve enough points to not be relegated should they already be in it. Another is that they must be financially sound so as to be able to compete the following season. This is the key criteria, if you can't fulfill this one then it doesn't matter about any other criteria concerning grounds and points won etc...

Rules govern what goes on on the pitch and off it, if we stay up by virtue of the rules concerning what goes on off the pitch I will consider that we have stayed up on merit. We will have abided by rules that other clubs have deliberately transgressed or managed themselves in such a reckless way that they have broken them. It seems that it is rather easier to stay up by splashing the cash but have a shambles of a business than be competitive and run a tight ship. Leagues are built on the proviso that clubs can complete their fixtures, this is fundamental to their very existence, as such providing assurances that a club can do such a thing is far more important than how many points you managed to earn using players that you couldn't really afford because you should have been paying your creditors.

The only people that will get their knickers in a twist over us getting a reprieve will be internet morons (most likely from Kettering) and quite frankly I couldn't give a sh*te what they think.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jezza

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 04:20:25 AM »

I wonder if the conference would consider reducing the numbers rather than reprieving a relegated side?

I've often said before a reprieve should really be given to reward success rather than failure by promoting one of the play off finalists for example.

That said we'll have to wait and see...but at the AGM I think a few clubs will struggle with the question "can you guarnatee to fulfil your fixtures?"
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team