Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Could the Wealdstone home game now be switched to Saturday, 5th November?

Author Topic: Could the Wealdstone home game now be switched to Saturday, 5th November?  (Read 2135 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

With both teams having been unceremoniously eliminated from the FA Cup at the first hurdle, is there now the potential to move the scheduled fixture on Tuesday, 1st November to the following blank Saturday?

That may well suit part-time Wealdstone more and it would surely benefit us in terms of attracting a higher attendance.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile

In some ways it would make sense to do this, though its possible some Wealdstone fans would have booked transport/hotels where it may not be possible to get refunds. Also there is some strike action on the railways that day, which could impact travel plans for some Wealdstone fans and indeed some Alty fans. Maybe best to leave it as it is?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

In some ways it would make sense to do this, though its possible some Wealdstone fans would have booked transport/hotels where it may not be possible to get refunds. Also there is some strike action on the railways that day, which could impact travel plans for some Wealdstone fans and indeed some Alty fans. Maybe best to leave it as it is?

Wealdstone run a successful away coach scheme. Theyll be fine. A Saturday would also mean less floodlight use
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I think whether we offer a change of date should depend on which scenario we feel gives us a better chance of getting three points. Floodlight bills should not come into it.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I always think that taking the midweek fixtures from much later in the season are a better idea, as we might as well plough through as many fixtures as possible now (leaving much later dates for the possibility that we might need them).

To that point, Scunny (A) might be a good idea.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I always think that taking the midweek fixtures from much later in the season are a better idea, as we might as well plough through as many fixtures as possible now (leaving much later dates for the possibility that we might need them).

That's a good shout actually.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

That's a good shout actually.
Whatever we decide, if anything, we don’t want a blank Saturday purely from an attendance point of view.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

On the whole, I think that I'd be happier to leave that SC**thorpe fixture where it is, based on the optimistic premise that we will have a stronger squad by then.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

I think whether we offer a change of date should depend on which scenario we feel gives us a better chance of getting three points. Floodlight bills should not come into it.

This is my take. For me the cards are far more in our favour when playing a part time team at home midweek. Keep it when it is.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Could the Wealdstone home game now be switched to Saturday, 5th November?