News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decisions?

Author Topic: Decisions?  (Read 2053 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Decisions?
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »

Big decisions! I wasn't there on Saturday but do we go back to three in the middle when we were picking up points? Perry definately deserved a starting place after the Macc second half but starting him each game will be a backwards step as it completely changes how we play ( i.e long ball ) and we lose a man in midfield. Never have doubted Lawrie's ability but for the games I've seen him out wide he is often a passenger at this level but always has the potential to smash one in the top corner. For us to start picking up points I'd go back to the 4-3-3 formation with the following team gk coburn lb griff rb dens cb marshall or leather cb havern dm moult cm cav cm Richman lf clee rf sinnot ( give him a couple of games to see where he is at ) cf reeves. We can not afford passengers at this level. For me Perry and Lawrie are impact players

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Decisions?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »

Thought Perry did fine on Sat, actually think he had a better game than Reeves overall but I agree that he probably shouldn't start every single match as he is very effective coming off the bench.

Not sure it's a matter of changing the team in order to pick up points but more just coming up against 3 very decent sides and pushing them all the way. It's a period of matches where I believe we should be looking at the positives rather than picking up and scrutinising the negatives and asking why we lost.

Simply put they were all very good teams in this division that have been convincingly beating a number of other and more highly placed clubs than us. We have not fallen victim to that in any of our games IMO which is very encouraging.

What is also encouraging is that we can still be happy with these sort of performances because we aren't completely desperate for the points. I know we aren't 100% safe yet but we can afford to be beaten by Bristol and Macc without it causing too many problems.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »

I agree the last 3 performances have been good but I would go back to playing 1 upfront are success this season has been based on that I'd also put leather back in because he is our best defender better on the ball does not give the ball away as much however I would say that anybody dropped in any position would be unlucky

bumble

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:47 PM »

We didn't go long ball on saturday that much.

Felt our final ball from Clee / Lawrie and Simon let us down. As well as their defence reading it well.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:23:23 AM »

I agree we need to get back to a winning formula.

Big harsh on Perry but he still has a part  to play in the run in.  Unlike Gillespie
Full time and proud of it
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Decisions?