News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 URGENT - SUPPORTERS' MEETING + Q&A with GH - TUESDAY 5th AUGUST 2008

Author Topic: URGENT - SUPPORTERS' MEETING + Q&A with GH - TUESDAY 5th AUGUST 2008  (Read 2694 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk

SUPPORTERS' MEETING - TUESDAY 5th AUGUST 2008 - 7.30pm in The Noel White Suite

On Tuesday, there is the STAR (supporters' trust) Annual General Meeting (2007-8) and the launch of the new Altrincham Football Club Supporters' Association at 7.30pm in The Noel White Suite. The prime agenda items will be:- Presentation of STAR's 2007-8 accounts # Proposal to 'mothball' STAR & launch a new Supporters' Association which would be run by a committee rather than a more formal Board.
Everyone is welcome to attend & the STAR Board encourages as many people as possible to be present on the night.

After the meeting, Alty manager Graham Heathcote will be inviting questions from the audience on any aspect of the Club's on- or off-pitch activities.

PLEASE ATTEND IF YOU CAN

Jenga

Re: URGENT - SUPPORTERS' MEETING + Q&A with GH - TUESDAY 5th AUGUST 2008
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »

I will not be there (as usual) but perhaps if the floor is open some one could ask these two questions

1)  could we ask about another Centre Back and our current position a week on from the last statement.

2) With the BSP league going the way it is with big clubs dropping into the league with larger away followings is there any intention of installing proper crowd segregation. Perhaps cages along part of the Pop Side, which can be opened up / cordoned off depending on the size of the following. I saw on Saturday some fencing which looked about as much use a chocolate fire guard if fans are intent on causing trouble. I appreciate they would not be used often but I do feel we are getting to the stage where proper segregation is or will be needed shortly.

altyf

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

I will not be there (as usual) but perhaps if the floor is open some one could ask these two questions

1)  could we ask about another Centre Back and our current position a week on from the last statement.

2) With the BSP league going the way it is with big clubs dropping into the league with larger away followings is there any intention of installing proper crowd segregation. Perhaps cages along part of the Pop Side, which can be opened up / cordoned off depending on the size of the following. I saw on Saturday some fencing which looked about as much use a chocolate fire guard if fans are intent on causing trouble. I appreciate they would not be used often but I do feel we are getting to the stage where proper segregation is or will be needed shortly.

1- I can't see him signing another centre back until he is absolutely certain about the Ryan Shotton situation. He says he wants to have another look at his situation in a couple of weeks and although it is a very unlikely signing it would be terrible to spend our budget and then find out he is willing to join us!

2- I think that sort of thing is only going to be necessary against the likes of Wrexham who are aiming to bring 1000+. The away end can hold 1200 and there's no problem with the segregation there in my opinion with the sterile area separating it from the pop side.

Longman

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »

Cages!?  Don't you remember the Taylor report?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »

the difference being our pitch is easy to get at jenga means a cage ala aldershot which is actually a good idea

Longman

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »

the difference being our pitch is easy to get at jenga means a cage ala aldershot which is actually a good idea

Got to admit that 'fence' that has been put up in the pop side would do nothing to stop a few 'lads' kicking off and getting at Alty fans.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »

The solution is simple in my eyes. As long as there is a big enough sterile area in between the rival sets of fans I don't envisage any problems. For me you could give Wrexham up to where the new roof starts and close the rest of the pop side for that game. All the Alty fans will easily fit under the Golf Road End and the atmosphere would be brilliant too.

The day we need to start building cages to seperate fans will be the day I stop going to football matches.

AHendersonUK

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 03:12:40 PM »

Would current STAR members become automatic members of the new supporters trust?

markecky

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 03:29:26 PM »

Segregation fences are just a deterrent, a line to show how far you can walk. 

The fences put up would do fine, they are not  meant to hold people back.  You could put the strongest reinforced fence ever there but people could just step over onto the pitch and back over the other side.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 03:46:24 PM »

Segregation fences are just a deterrent, a line to show how far you can walk. 

The fences put up would do fine, they are not  meant to hold people back.  You could put the strongest reinforced fence ever there but people could just step over onto the pitch and back over the other side.

To be honest I would disagree. The fence at Northwich held the fans apart - it was not a deterrent but a vital line between us and them on the day.

I dont think we need to spend a fortune but something more permanent, now or in the future, I think will and should be needed.

And in respect of the comments regarding the Taylor report, when the hell did Bernard get in on the act?

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:50:17 PM »

The need to put a physical barrier in between fans can be alleviated by simply keeping the supporters further apart. I think it was terrible planning to have the two sets of fans so close together on New Year's Day without a no man's land in the middle. It just invites trouble.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team