PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has Altincham got a better famous fan?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has Altincham got a better famous fan?  (Read 5786 times)

Hodgey

Re: Has Altincham got a better famous fan?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »

He didn't turn up..he pre recorded some footage of him playing the organ in Stamford Park in a very old Alty scarf.

I'd bet £100 that he never went to the game...such a top fan.

He uses the club to promote his flagging career and it is tragic.
Here Here ! the first person to bring his big fat paper mache head on a plate gets a prize and the freedom of Alty

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 05:06:39 PM »

Frank Sidebottom is ace!!

Can someone fill me in on the Statto situation please?  I have heard recently a bit of bad feeling on here, just wanted to know where it's born from?

Cheers.

In fairness to Statto, though we don't see him at ML (it would be nice for him to make his support more noticeable), it is possible he has done things in the past that has helped Alty.

As for Sidebottom. He was/is embarrassing. What a shameful piece he did. If he wants to show he's an Alty fan, why can't he give some of his time to the club to raise money and publicity?

JT

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

Sidebottom can shove his paper mache head where the sun don't shine, calling himself an alty fan, i hope the little kids in stamford park laughed at him!

Narcissist

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 06:30:03 PM »

The statto hating got a bit out of hand. He doesnt owe the club anything and never did so some of the abuse was a bit harsh. He never did anything to help the club though unless it was around a big game which suggested his ego was the main benefactor.

He also sponsored an alty game which was nice. Shame it was Bradford PA away and they got the cash. This was his biggest crime for me. I wouldnt heckle him too much myself but when people remind me he's an alty fan I remind them he's a bit of a tit!

What people need to remember is that when we're on tv the television company look for famous links and hunt them down, its not like they go to the tv station and say 'im an alty fan, get me out of here'. It wouldnt suprise me with paper mache head though!

Hodgey

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 11:23:11 PM »

I saw Statto before the Milwall match and I should have asked him why he was watching the game but I got a little star struck. So can anyone answer what his involvement and association with the club is ?  WHY??

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 03:14:41 AM »

The statto hating got a bit out of hand. He doesnt owe the club anything and never did so some of the abuse was a bit harsh. He never did anything to help the club though unless it was around a big game which suggested his ego was the main benefactor.

He also sponsored an alty game which was nice. Shame it was Bradford PA away and they got the cash. This was his biggest crime for me. I wouldnt heckle him too much myself but when people remind me he's an alty fan I remind them he's a bit of a tit!

What people need to remember is that when we're on tv the television company look for famous links and hunt them down, its not like they go to the tv station and say 'im an alty fan, get me out of here'. It wouldnt suprise me with paper mache head though!

The guy supports united, but when he was on a popular prime time tv programme he prommoted alty. I don't understand people's problem with that. As Narcissist said, he ows alty nothing.

thegazelle

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »

too late at night to put an eloquent arguement together but get the f**k off angus's (statto's) back he has done stuff for the club in the past you all know nothing about, as it was under a different regime

FACT  that is all 

Butty

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »

The guy supports united, but when he was on a popular prime time tv programme he prommoted alty. I don't understand people's problem with that. As Narcissist said, he ows alty nothing.

So i suppose people hate him for being a bit hyppocritical then. If he supports United, why should he pretend to be an alty fan?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

The statto hating got a bit out of hand. He doesnt owe the club anything and never did so some of the abuse was a bit harsh. He never did anything to help the club though unless it was around a

Fact or allegedly?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »

He didn't turn up..he pre recorded some footage of him playing the organ in Stamford Park in a very old Alty scarf.

I personally think he should have been arrested for playing with his organ in just an old Alty scarf; i feel strongly this is as bad as the man who used to relieve him self on the long gone elephant slide.
ParkINson's red and white army

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:57 PM »

look the fact is that when he was growing up in his teens, statto was there at alty every week. lots of people who watch alty would profess to be utd or city fans.
he used to stand with another guy and fill notebook after notebook ofstuff about each game. we referred to them as the factfinders and would always ask an obscure statistics question at the end of the game.
to criticise him for not really going to games any more, well you might as well criticise me. i am an alty fan who doesnt go to games much any more and also support actively a premier league team.
i really dont see the problem with him

Butty

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »

But jim, I take it by the JimIn London that you no longer live around here, so you have a good enough reason

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »

I despise the attitude that some people have that we owe our lives to alty and once we commit we should bleed for it.

I love alty fc to death, literally, and there will be no alteration in that no matter how hard i try. Its none of anyone elses business when i come to matches or how i contribute to the club.

Admittedly statto did some things that would quite rightly get peoples backs up, but we have to move on and let the bloke live on as an alty fan.

end of rant!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has Altincham got a better famous fan?