Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??  (Read 6487 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: What are everyone elses opinions on this please??
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »

International football is pointless. Sure everyone knows my views on it.

Baffles me that everyone hates clubs and shouts abuse at players for 90mins and then support them in an England shirt. Makes no sense.
Ohhh Rooonnneeyy Roonneeeyyy during the summer and then he's a fat scouse prick for the rest of the year.

If a Macclesfield or Northwich player was to ever play for England I could never cheer for them, its pathetic how people can be so two faced though. Plus add to that the England are very average and have about 2 worlds class players and when the Worlds Cup or Euro Champs (when they qualify) are on all little Englanders appear from nowhere knowing nothing about football... Proven when they boo players within 10mins of a game....  Altho must admit it is a little amusing listening to people talk utter rubbish about things whilst wearing their grey Euro 96 shirt on or World Cup 86 one !!

Club football for me 100% .. Football is for life not just  'the Summer'

Longman

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »

Baffles me that everyone hates clubs and shouts abuse at players for 90mins and then support them in an England shirt. Makes no sense.
Ohhh Rooonnneeyy Roonneeeyyy during the summer and then he's a fat scouse prick for the rest of the year.

If a Macclesfield or Northwich player was to ever play for England I could never cheer for them, its pathetic how people can be so two faced though. Plus add to that the England are very average and have about 2 worlds class players and when the Worlds Cup or Euro Champs (when they qualify) are on all little Englanders appear from nowhere knowing nothing about football... Proven when they boo players within 10mins of a game....  Altho must admit it is a little amusing listening to people talk utter rubbish about things whilst wearing their grey Euro 96 shirt on or World Cup 86 one !!

You say all this but I bet my bottom dollar you were watching when we were knocked out on pens V Portugal, or when Brasil knocked us out of the World Cup with Ronaldino's fluke!  If we were to win the World Cup in 2010 you would be jumping around and bragging about it etc just as much as the next man!  I am an England fan just as much as an Alty fan, that doesn't make me any less of an Alty fan, I am just proud to be English, something that we sadly lack in this country.  We seem embarrased to be proud of our heritage, whereas the Scots, Welsh and Irish embrace it and celebrate it!  It's something I find frustrating to be honest. 

Also Gaz, surely saying you couldn't cheer a Macc player playing for England is a bit rich considering we've got one on loan right now!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 04:25:28 PM by Longman »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

Also Gaz, surely saying you couldn't cheer a Macc player playing for England is a bit rich considering we've got one on loan right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said, I was going to make exactly the same point. It's the same thing when a player leaves Alty and goes to Macc or vice-versa. That and the fact that not all those who support Rooney in an England shirt hate him in a United one....sweeping brush of generalisation there Gary.

There are plenty of people who "appearfrom nowhere" when Alty have a good cup run and may even be classed as knowing nothing about football. What are we to do turn them away at the turnstiles because they're sunshine glory hunters? I don't think so.

Also, there are people who talk rubbish and boo after ten minutes or so and may be considered clueless at all levels of the game (including ours). Hardly the exclusive preserve of international football followers.

So you think international football is pointless Gary? Well that's fair enough as you're highly subjective point of view and you are clearly entitled to that, but none of your 'arguments' against it hold any water.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alex

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »

You say all this but I bet my bottom dollar you were watching when we were knocked out on pens V Portugal, or when Brasil knocked us out of the World Cup with Ronaldino's fluke!  If we were to win the World Cup in 2010 you would be jumping around and bragging about it etc just as much as the next man!  I am an England fan just as much as an Alty fan, that doesn't make me any less of an Alty fan, I am just proud to be English, something that we sadly lack in this country.  We seem embarrased to be proud of our heritage, whereas the Scots, Welsh and Irish embrace it and celebrate it!  It's something I find frustrating to be honest. 

knowing gary i wouldn't take that bet if i were you, i doubt very highly he would

Longman

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 05:32:23 PM »

knowing gary i wouldn't take that bet if i were you, i doubt very highly he would

I defy any Englishman not to be ecstatic if we were to win the World Cup again!  :P

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 05:34:32 PM »

"CAGED TIGERS!"

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2008, 05:58:21 PM »

100% with GW, and I made the same point earlier in this thread. England are so unimportant to me , even if as someone said they were in a world cup final it would be a temporary diversion, but not a life changing moment. England are boring, frustrating and pointless to watch. It brings every lowlife T**t in the area to your local if its shown, and causes more Police incidents then New Years Eve.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »

This resentment of other nations making use of their players ancestry amazes me. England have for decades made use of players that not only were not born here, but in many instances have no English blood in them whatsoever - Colin Viljoen, Brian Stein, Cyril Regis, Tony Dorigo and John Barnes spring to mind. Half the present Cricket team was not born here and the English Rugby team has taken the same advantage. The only Irish Sportsman without Irish blood in him is Jack Charlton who actually became an Irish Citizen after managing the Republic of Ireland at Football and went on to represent Ireland as a participant at a World Cup in another sport.

starjammer

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 08:53:58 PM »

Couldn't give a monkey's about England.
I find it disappointing when Alty fans don't get behind their own players, but England fans  take the biscuit! Booing Lampard, Crouch and others before they've touched the ball has to be the ultimate in stupidity, and I've got to say those kind of fans deserve the dissapointment that comes with supporting England.
The best was an England fan being interviewed during the World Cup in Germany saying how crap Hargreaves was and that he should p*ss off back home. I won't point out the irony in that comment - if you don't get, well... you don't get it!  ::)
I'd love to know what some of you England fans are so "proud"about and what our 'heritage' is exactly? The hooligans maybe? I think that's about the only thing we've ever been good at, at an international level, and now the East Europeans are doing it better!  ::)
Club football is what matters

Butty

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »

Must admit, the only sport I follow England at is Rugby Unon. I gave up on football a long time ago, because it was so dissapointing. Also, I realised, I could be stood at alty instead of sat at home watching the crap england put on. Before anyone mentions anything, I have watched English Rugby for a few years now, not just caught World Cup fever.

Longman

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

Couldn't give a monkey's about England.
I find it disappointing when Alty fans don't get behind their own players, but England fans  take the biscuit! Booing Lampard, Crouch and others before they've touched the ball has to be the ultimate in stupidity, and I've got to say those kind of fans deserve the dissapointment that comes with supporting England.
The best was an England fan being interviewed during the World Cup in Germany saying how crap Hargreaves was and that he should p*ss off back home. I won't point out the irony in that comment - if you don't get, well... you don't get it!  ::)
I'd love to know what some of you England fans are so "proud"about and what our 'heritage' is exactly? The hooligans maybe? I think that's about the only thing we've ever been good at, at an international level, and now the East Europeans are doing it better!  ::)
Club football is what matters

Starjammer - Let me assure you I completely agree with you about the moronic "fans" who boo Lampard etc, they are the docile idiots across the country who unfortunately come out for England, let me assure you however they're are PLENTY OF LOYAL AND KNOWLEDGEBLE ENGLAND FANS, as for not supporting them because some fans behave idiotically well that's your choice, but at the end of the day it's not like club football where you can choose your team, if you are English you are English, therfore I am an England fan!!

Longman

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 11:45:31 AM »

This resentment of other nations making use of their players ancestry amazes me. England have for decades made use of players that not only were not born here, but in many instances have no English blood in them whatsoever - Colin Viljoen, Brian Stein, Cyril Regis, Tony Dorigo and John Barnes spring to mind. Half the present Cricket team was not born here and the English Rugby team has taken the same advantage. The only Irish Sportsman without Irish blood in him is Jack Charlton who actually became an Irish Citizen after managing the Republic of Ireland at Football and went on to represent Ireland as a participant at a World Cup in another sport.
Redhill Alty - I think you have completely missed the point here, what ancestory has Terry Butcher got with Scotland?????  He was England captain and is now assistant manager of Scotland saying he would happily sing the Scottish national anthem!!  You would NEVER get a reverse of that with a former Scottish captain doing the same!  This is nothing to do with "blood" or "ancestory"!!!??!!?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 11:45:44 AM »

I think if I watched every England game at home without actually having to be near people who live in this country I'd be more enthusiastic about the football team. The Rugby, I'll be there and the (Test) cricket I've followed to the ends of the earth. The national footy team? Such a circus that I'm disinterested, shame really as World Cups in the 80's had me hooked.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »

Longman, you are wrong as a Scotsman has actually been Assistant Manager of England - John Gorman was Glenn Hoddle's second in command. He was also entitled to sing that song that England teams persist in using as an anthem, as its not the English Anthem but officially the British National Anthem. I have heard that Anthem sung by Scotsmen, albiet Rangers Supporters who were described by their own club Captain as "moronic".
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What are everyone elses opinions on this please??