PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Sorry to break it to you...  (Read 34409 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sorry to break it to you...
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »

I can only imagine this decision was made for money and I didn't realise we were that desperate. Should make for lively debate at the fans forum.

Bombay vid ?

Jezza

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2008, 07:23:54 PM »

Along the4 lines of ecky's inviting the male model to lodge whgile you have marital problems;

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=198fe0cc0be04e426bfaea5894f1a2f3

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2008, 07:33:32 PM »

Longman

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »

I'm not exactly over - enthused about this decision, however I do feel people are maybe over - reacting a little.

What percentage of the gate reciepts will we recieve?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »

I did walk away from United.

I came to Altrincham, not FCUM.

So we have an example against your theory the kids won't care. All of your examples that they will stop caring have been hypothetical.

Pickle

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:13 PM »

I could guarantee a virtually unanimous vopte against it.

could you now?...one of the problems of trust run clubs is that they are bound by democratic decisions...and whatever a board tends to recommened tends to get voted through.

I'm sure AFC wimbledon felt the same way in principal....whatever happened to that club who used to play at their current ground?

I remember going to AFC wimbledon's first home match and i was with a mate who didn't know the story
"why thye playing here? it's miles from Wimbledon?" he asked
"because the proper wimbledon moved to Milton keynes" I answered
"that's probably closer" reasoned my mate and i was unable to persuade him of any good reason for AFC Wimbledon after that.

As an aside and out of interest what's to stop 3,000 genuine utd fans or maybe 3,000 disgruntled BSP fans who don't want the competition joining your trust and voting to close it?

If you think that the FC United board would ever recommend a takeover of your club then you need to seek professional help.

I think your mate also needs to get a better grip on geography. They play less than 2 miles from Wimbeldon Common.

I find an incredible level of arrogance here. Do you really think that clubs formed these days can find the land, resources and funding to be able to build a stadium in their ideal area (or indeed any area) from their outset? As for not being able to come up with a good reason for AFC Wimbledon to exist - i'm sure many people could say the same about your club. A club is for its fans, and comments like you've made above are pretty poor to be honest. Just because you've been around longer doesn't mean your existence is any more valid than any other club

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »

Not being picky here as this is rather boring now but AFCW play in Norbiton, not Kingston, and certainly more than 2 miles from Wimbledon (Common), which is nowhere near Wimbledon and its roots as Old Centrals.  Please comment if you know you're stuff otherwise leave it alone.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »

What will wreck us as a club is if they ever get a foothold in Trafford or South Manchester.  The board has said it won't allow a league groundshare and I believe them, and there isn't anywhere around here otherwise where I could see them sharing.  The cup deal should be a one off.

If I have any animosity towards FCUM its simply because I see them as a potential threat to my club's long term existence, and I resent great play being made over "groundbreaking" things at FCUM that have happened for years and years at pretty much every other non-league club in the country with barely a word of publicity. 

Just as AFC Wimbledon, FCUM etc etc have a right to be protective of their perceived heritage and traditions, we at Alty are merely being protective of ours.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »

As said, Afc Wimbledon formed because their proud and successful club was stolen and moved miles away, never to be the same club again.Reforming was a great success and a tribute to loyal fans who deserved better, FCUM, Afc Liverpool etc is not the same and should be prevented by the football authorities. When weill it stop? If fans are disaffected the authorities need to see why, if fans are priced out or excluded then sort out some form of cap.  Otherwise where will it end, premier league A and Non league version B?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jeffers

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2008, 11:04:47 PM »

I am very much against sharing our home with any other football club, whether FCUM, or any other team. Moss Lane is the home of Altrincham FC, not some other poxy club from the other side of manchester. One off games where other teams ground is just a park and a couple benches could be considered. But for one club to use cup matches as a marketing gimmick to attract fans from a completly different catchment area, is completly the wrong decision for Altrincham to be making. However we did stage the FA cup game of Trafford (h) v FC united (a) last season, as a favour to Trafford (a more local team than FCUM).

I cannot belive that this decision has been made. There are other league graded grounds nearer to Bury, like Accrington, Oldham and Rochdale. Im sure even Northwich or Witton would also accomodate them. Even teams like radcliffe could again stage their FA Trophy campaign.

Im also wondering what would happed if we were both drawn at home in the same round, who would move to the friday night???? Tenner bet its alty.......... :-\

Pickle

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2008, 09:33:59 AM »

FCUM, Afc Liverpool etc is not the same and should be prevented by the football authorities.

How pathetic. Your club didn't invent non-league football

markecky

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2008, 09:46:25 AM »

FCUM, Afc Liverpool etc is not the same and should be prevented by the football authorities.

How pathetic. Your club didn't invent non-league football

Yes we did!!*

this quote was made for the benefit of the FC United forum

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »

Just wondered whether FC United would decline promotion to the football league, or what then would happen if the supporters dissagree would a new break away team be formed? would it be called FC FC United?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Popeye

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2008, 10:57:22 AM »

As said, Afc Wimbledon formed because their proud and successful club was stolen and moved miles away, never to be the same club again.Reforming was a great success and a tribute to loyal fans who deserved better, FCUM, Afc Liverpool etc is not the same and should be prevented by the football authorities. When weill it stop? If fans are disaffected the authorities need to see why, if fans are priced out or excluded then sort out some form of cap.  Otherwise where will it end, premier league A and Non league version B?

“Should be prevented”????  How would this work exactly?  Would this be the same Football authorities who allowed MK Dons to happen in the first place, oh and the same football authorities who allowed Manchester United to be lumbered with nearly 700 million pounds worth of debt?  Who was going to pay that off I wonder?  Don’t put too much faith in these people will you.

The football authorities know people’s dissatisfaction with the game yet have kept their snouts firmly in the trough, I think people should be able to decide how they feel don’t you?  And if they feel that strongly that they form a club at the bottom end of non league then the least the football authorities can do is stamp the paperwork.

Its been well and truly covered why these United fans didn’t support another non league club and formed their own.

FC was formed whether you get it/like it or not, you don’t just form a club, something has to piss you off royally for you to be bothered to do it.  United supporting people (individual people) felt that strongly that they did it, got together, donated money, got the club off the ground, continue to support and fund the club which they part own, they’re going to get a ground built too in Altrincham town centre no doubt, their very own little piece of Manchester United.  You would have denied these people the chance to do this? 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sorry to break it to you...