https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: goals  (Read 4880 times)

dino

goals
« on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:18 PM »

extremely difficult to see where goals will come from.....very little penetration and belief.no fluency or movmt in the final third.

3 points tossed away to a poor side, who appeared to have less idea than us.

great performances from smith,holmes and williams.

174 alty

taxi Phil

Re: goals
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:39:48 PM »

extremely difficult to see where goals will come from.....very little penetration and belief.no fluency or movmt in the final third.

3 points tossed away to a poor side, who appeared to have less idea than us.

great performances from smith,holmes and williams.

174 alty

I actually agree with you about Smith, Holmes, and Williams.

BUT

Just how much penetration do you expect from our midfield ? No Densmore, Danylyk, Crowell, Lawton, or Kearney !

We were fortunate to get a bloody side out at all tonight.

dino

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »

phil, it really was dire. what can one say, yes we do have injuries in midfield, but frankly we wont score enough goals.

heathcote sounded like a sunday league coach tonight.

the big positve was smith was awesome

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »

phil, it really was dire. what can one say, yes we do have injuries in midfield, but frankly we wont score enough goals.

Agree with your summary but feel your comments about GH are harsh.  He was tearing his hair out with players not doing as they were supposed to.

We were all over the place.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »

From what I heard him shout - nothing i heard made him sound Sunday league at all

As has been said above anyone tonight probably wandered where a goal would come from. It's the frustrating bits like being caught offside or giving the ball away from a naff throw in or crap movement that frustrates people. Having said that I can't help think it was like trying to put square pegs into round holes tonight.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »

dino's summary is for once more or less correct. I still think we have goals in us but the word dino used that sticks out more is not penetration it's belief. And that's a big worry. There didn't seem to be a great deal of heart out there either (though there clearly was on the bench).

Unfair on GH  too, none of what I could hear him shout was Sunday League. Late on he complained it was criminal that no one got anywhere near Welchy's knock down and he was dead right. Dead right. What was Sunday League was Nicky Clee's petulance at shouting back at him when should've been closing down the keeper to make him hurry up. Funny how teams playing badly seem to have more excuses or answer back more.

Reeves was lively and Smithy looked a class above again but overall it was a somewhat dispiritng night. Southport looked livelier than us on the ball but weren't great elsehwere. The last minute when Joseph took a corner instead of waiting for Clee to take it and then shanked in into touch summed the night (and him!) up.

dino

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »

ballers... i think we r both singing from the same hymn sheet here. a couple of players were outstanding, and we r short of belief. the committment is there for all to see from the players... in the final third we r simply not good enough on the evidence so far.

the real point about Heathcote is management style. i was sat behind him in the stand, and he was clearly abusing and bullying  Reeves and DJ. Reeves ran after lost causes  and aimless channel balls all night. DJ is clearly only about 40% fit, but still tries to put in an honest shift. Both players clearly demonstrated total committment, and did not deserve the criticism and abuse from heathcote. maybe they werent good enough on the night , but they tried. This is the problem with heathcote, when things go wrong he loses it , becomes increasingly frenetic and in the end splashes about like a drowning rat. Robinson on the other hand, was calm and cajouled his players.that my friends is modern management.

joe

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:09:12 AM »

Who's Robinson?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10:11 AM »

ballers... i think we r both singing from the same hymn sheet here. a couple of players were outstanding, and we r short of belief. the committment is there for all to see from the players... in the final third we r simply not good enough on the evidence so far.

the real point about Heathcote is management style. i was sat behind him in the stand, and he was clearly abusing and bullying  Reeves and DJ. Reeves ran after lost causes  and aimless channel balls all night. DJ is clearly only about 40% fit, but still tries to put in an honest shift. Both players clearly demonstrated total committment, and did not deserve the criticism and abuse from heathcote. maybe they werent good enough on the night , but they tried. This is the problem with heathcote, when things go wrong he loses it , becomes increasingly frenetic and in the end splashes about like a drowning rat. Robinson on the other hand, was calm and cajouled his players.that my friends is modern management.

That my friend is not the Southport manager
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 08:23:25 AM »

A lot of things said here are true, but no one has considered the wind factor , i think it was very difficult to play in that wind , and it seemed to drop a little in second half when it was behind us ,think there was to much airiel stuff played ,route one football from both sides at times . The football wasnt the only crap last night , the tea was crap to

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 08:47:24 AM »

I take it your not GH biggest fan then...

The guy has got a decent squad together for Zero pounds FFS we have played 3 of the fancied teams and one of the unfancied ones with a depleted mid field... If this was the end of November then maybe I would be worried but it is the back end of August..

I have to say that I do agree with parts of your recent comment however the one good thing about the close season is that we dont have to read your vitriol when things go pear shaped.

You talk about man management,   Encouragement is a good aspect of  management, I expect if you were / are in management and you managed your staff like you criticise Alty then half of them would be hanging from the light fittings come Friday....

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 11:26:22 AM »

You see, you do well then you go and blow it by being personal. Demanding a player do something he is paid to do is not bullying ! Especially after they're told to do certain things and those things aren't done. Every manager has a different style of management. Funny how, upon players leaving for pastures new they have nothing but praise for how the club is run etc

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 11:42:58 AM »

You see, you do well then you go and blow it by being personal. Demanding a player do something he is paid to do is not bullying ! Especially after they're told to do certain things and those things aren't done. Every manager has a different style of management. Funny how, upon players leaving for pastures new they have nothing but praise for how the club is run etc

Aye, my gaffer effs n blinds and threatens & bullies, but he is a crackin' boss and we know we can have a laugh with him. We know his faults, but work with them cos the plusses far far outweigh any minuses.

I think those who have seen GH hosting events will see the sort of relationship he has with the players.

Butty

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »

What also appeared to be lacking, as much as I may be criticised on here, is Robbie Lawton, both as a player and a captain. In the last 10 minutes, he would have been chasing everything he could, and generally giving the lads some encouragement. Agree with ASMO's comment on the tea.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »

What I cant understand is why GH played the midfield he did.

Why was Nicky Clee played in the centre and not out wide?

Yes I know we had injuries but not sure why he played the way he did. I am not criticising here just wonder what the reasons were which I am sure are valid ones.

Also why did Denham go off at half time, was he injured?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 goals