News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Info for tomorrow

Author Topic: Info for tomorrow  (Read 1810 times)

Dave (SFC)

Info for tomorrow
« on: August 24, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »

Hi chaps, just some info for those coming to Haig Ave tomorrow.

Parking - With it being a short trip and people finishing work late it would suggest a few more would drive than usual. It's all on street parking in the surrounding streets but you should be OK as long as you don't block any driveways and check the restriction - wardens in this town are a nightmare but you never really see them around the ground. If anyone is travelling by train on the Manchester line i recommend getting off at Meols Cop rather than Southport. It's about a 5 minute walk from Meols Cop as opposed to a 5 minute drive from the town centre.

Pubs - As ever away fans will be welcomed in the Grandstand Bar on Haig Ave itself. It's not a bad little place and reasonably priced ale too. I'm unsure whether our own real ale, 'Grandstand Gold' will be on. As an alternative i know a lot of away fans enjoy a pint in the 'Thatch and Thistle' which is just around the corner from the ground. The Thatch would presumable be the choice for those travelling by train (get off at Meols Cop) as it's just a short walk down the hill (left out the station).

Food - You will be glad to hear our catering has improved since the last time you visited! It is now edible - Hurrah! If you are not a fan of eating in the round, be sure to try the chippy down the road next to the newsagents. (You will pass it if you walk from the Thatch)

The ground - As usual you will be housed in the (uncovered) Blowick End. It's been pretty windy here tonight and a bit damp so i'd advise bringing a coat and maybe an umbrella! Away fans are more than welcome to use the Blowick End of the Main Stand although this is not totally designated to travelling fans.

Safe Journey down guys and lets hope the lights stay on this time!

Dave.

Jenga

Re: Info for tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:59 AM »

Thanks for the info.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »

Thanks Dave, I enjoy the terrace at Southport sometimes.

Can I just ask, will transfers into the seats be available from inside the ground? As I said that terrace is ok at times but I want an escape route if the rain goes all biblical on our asses during the night.

Dave (SFC)

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:22 PM »

Thanks Dave, I enjoy the terrace at Southport sometimes.

Can I just ask, will transfers into the seats be available from inside the ground? As I said that terrace is ok at times but I want an escape route if the rain goes all biblical on our asses during the night.

I THINK that if it decides to absolutely throw it down yo can get a free transfer to the stand, otherwise i believe there is a small cost (presumably the difference of the gate price)

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »

It will cost 1 Kraft cheese slice each  ;)

Cheers for all the info Dave, enjoy the game.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

It will cost 1 Kraft cheese slice each  ;)

Cheers for all the info Dave, enjoy the game.

Ha, that just made me smile  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Info for tomorrow