PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bad News From Facebook
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bad News From Facebook  (Read 10947 times)

Jenga

Re: Bad News From Facebook
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

Far too many people jumping to conclusions.

I will be upset to set either leave, indeed if they actually are.

Seems nothing is concrete unless posted by the players themselves.

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2011, 08:32:43 PM »

My memorable marc joseph moment was when i observed during one the match threads that he has one cock up in each game...to which jennifers Dad had a field day.

I admnired his guts at sticking to the task and becoming an improved player....not sure he is ideal for hustle and bustle of BSN so if he goes he goes with no hard feelings from me and best wishes...

I like Dale Johnson as a player and we're gonna need two who can score 20 plus in the BSN but if the new gaffer brings in an even better player then we move on...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »

Sorry to see Mark go.
He was the most consistant defender after Christmas, and scored some vital goals.
Wish him all the best for the future, and many thanks for tring till the very end of last season, not like some.

I totally agree about how good Marc became as the season progressed, I would be surprised if Lee can find a better player for the same money, if he does I will be impressed. My biggest worry about the new managerial situation is how difficult it must be for Lee when he knows little about the existing players abilities, and lets be clear, a lot of players do need replacing,...but we did have some very good players too, and Marc was one of them.

We will all have opinions about who we would like to keep, but at the end of the day, the reality is that Lee will decide, right or wrong, thats his job, and we will just have to hope he gets it right.

If he does, then no complaints. But when season the starts, who would bet against comments from fans like, wish we still had,... Marc for example,...when his replacement plays crap :o

RocketDan

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2011, 11:47:09 PM »

I don't care what names are on the back of the shirts, I only care about the badge on the front and the 11 players who are wearing it.

play for yourself and you play for the opposition
play for the team and you play for yourself.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »

I don't care what names are on the back of the shirts, I only care about the badge on the front and the 11 players who are wearing it.

I don't think there will be any names on the backs of the shirts next season, don't they operate on the good old 1 to 11 numbering system in the BSN ?

Jacko

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 12:19:28 AM »

If dales gone as well that's 2 of the slowest out, I like sinnot already!

RocketDan

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »

no squad names would have been good last season, we could have saved a fortune by september.

or

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »

Im not taking the piss,but we could employ two big horrible bastard centre halfs for 250 quid a week each that would serve us far better than marc joseph.He would get bullied all over the show next season.Has everyone forgot where we finshed and what our goals conceeded record was? 

Jacko

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2011, 12:53:49 AM »

I think we had the slowest defenders in the league last season so can they be big, horrible and pacey please ta :)  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:56:26 AM by flex »

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 01:34:29 AM »

Tell the players they are playing for the greatest non league team ever make them feel part of taking this club on to the next bit of history making, at best they are going to be league 1 standard journeymaen if they get the breaks, playing for alty they can make a mark and become legends .

make one of the walls in the bar a shrine to what we have acheived in the pass and make them believe they have a chance to get their picture on that wall .

get out there and play with pride for those stripes, go that extra 10% and become a legend

think i'll have another rum

Well said that man, not sure about the rum though
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Butty

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »

There usually is some corrolation to the players wearing the shirt and the names on the backs, or am i missing something? See the point though

All the best to Marc Joseph, maybe he was a bit of a burden on the wage budget, I don't know, but a quality end to the season from him- never forget that goal at Grimsby

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 11:24:05 AM »

I don't think there will be any names on the backs of the shirts next season, don't they operate on the good old 1 to 11 numbering system in the BSN ?
[/quote]

Saves me a job!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 11:39:59 AM »

Saves me a job!!

[/quote]

Plus no worries about the spelling  ;)

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »

Never got spelling wrong did I??

bumble

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 11:46:56 AM »