PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bad News From Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bad News From Facebook  (Read 10939 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bad News From Facebook
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »

Dales not staying either :(

Is that from his facebook?

I'll just keep reminding myself how I felt at the end of the Eastbourne game...and there is not many I would have missed to be honest.

Exactly.. add to that the Blythe, Fleetwood, FGR and far too many other games to that list and it is obvious we had major problems.

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:01 PM »

Thanks for the service Marc, but as others have indicated, we certainly need to make changes at the back. Too many times last season, our centre halves in particular cost us points. Lee obviously has his own ideas, thank God. As for Dale, that's a bit of a shame, but again I suppose Lee has thrown everything on trying to keep Damien.

fuertes

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »

The one thing you can say for Joseph is that at least he seemed to care. He took some merciless stick on here for dreadful performances, of which I'm sure he was well aware, but pulled things back and at least had a reasonable second half of the season after a shambolic start. 'm not bothered about him leaving but have no ill feelings towards him at all.

I'd be a little worried about releasing Dale. We all have our favourite players and whilst I am quite happy to accept his Conference goal-record leaves a lot to be desired, Dale's all-round play is undoubtedly good and he actually has a good scoring record at Conference North level. I'd have thought he'd be one to hang on to if possible.

Still, Sinnott gets paid to make the decisions. We have to give him a chance to assemble his squad then judge at the of the season (and really at the end of two seasons is fairer).

markecky

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »

We don't know who has not been offered new terms or just decided not to take the lower money that was on offer.

mortlakebob

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »

new manager. new team.
last season was most miserable in our history.
time for fortress moss lane again.
ps - most inspiring interview with an alty manager since john king days.
finally got some positive thinking, who's to say that wont rub off on fans and we can still get average gates of 900 plus
why dont we try and take 100 to buxton for the friendly - lets get behind them right from the start and enjoy a new era - no more victim mentality and no more excuses.
i'd settle for
1. top 8 next year but good signs we're building new team
2.  promotion
3   a side to be proud of in conference national again.

Steve-o

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »

Facebook is where I always look for the latest football news

roytonmike

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »

We don't know who has not been offered new terms or just decided not to take the lower money that was on offer.
I think this is exactly right. It may well be that a number of last season's players think - rightly or wrongly - that they will get better offers elsewhere. They may well be disappointed when they get into the real world rather than that of their imaginations. Equally, the new broom may well have come to some early conclusions. At all events we have to trust in the new boss and his judgment.

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »

Where has this news about Dale come from?

Thanks for your commitment Marc. I was one of the ones who almightily slagged you off after Curzon away, however the change after that was noticeable and at least you did seem to care about the results. Won't forget the gesture at the end of the Eastbourne game. The best of luck to you in the future.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »

I think Marc leaving might free up some decent money. Good luck to him anyway.

Where's Dale going?

bumble

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 02:53:14 PM »

It isn't on dales fb

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »

New managers always want to put thier own stamp on a team.Dont shed a tear for those that go.Its football,and we mustnt look beyond the fact that we were in large parts last season,a shambles.I realise some of the younger fans might not have seen some of our better sides over the years,but rest assured,ken mckenna had more bottle,heart,fight and drive then the vast majority of that lot last season put together.Its all well and good caring for 45 mins against eastbourne,but the spark wasnt there all season

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »

Twitter and facebook combined gives u more clearer and faster information than the bbc ever has!

bumble

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »

new manager. new team.
last season was most miserable in our history.
time for fortress moss lane again.
ps - most inspiring interview with an alty manager since john king days.
finally got some positive thinking, who's to say that wont rub off on fans and we can still get average gates of 900 plus
why dont we try and take 100 to buxton for the friendly - lets get behind them right from the start and enjoy a new era - no more victim mentality and no more excuses.
i'd settle for
1. top 8 next year but good signs we're building new team
2.  promotion
3   a side to be proud of in conference national again.

like it. - although woodley is the first away friendly

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 04:29:47 PM »

Sorry to see Mark go.
He was the most consistant defender after Christmas, and scored some vital goals.
Wish him all the best for the future, and many thanks for tring till the very end of last season, not like some.

thegazelle

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »

as some one who cant get to games and lives on news and views off here.
I have concluded based on the vast amount of spineless, gutless, sh*te, rubbish etc type comments i read that the new broom is best sweeping clean.
lets hope that mr sinnott can instil pride and passion in players which when you consider how close to survival we were with last years squad should make all the difference . i honestly believe that a team that will walk through walls for the manager/ club/ supporters  is three steps ahead at this level many of the teams are of equal standard but it is the passion that that will carry an average team through.
Tell the players they are playing for the greatest non league team ever make them feel part of taking this club on to the next bit of history making, at best they are going to be league 1 standard journeymaen if they get the breaks, playing for alty they can make a mark and become legends .

make one of the walls in the bar a shrine to what we have acheived in the past and make them believe they have a chance to get their picture on that wall .

get out there and play with pride for those stripes, go that extra 10% and become a legend

think i'll have another rum
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:04:14 AM by thegazelle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bad News From Facebook