PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The FA trophy draw thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The FA trophy draw thread  (Read 9370 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The FA trophy draw thread
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2023, 07:29:10 PM »

is these the team beginning with B that we won at on BT Sport under Lee Sinnott?
That was Bromley I think. Bracknell have never been in the GMVC.

I think it might have been Braintree. To many teams in the south beginning with B if you ask me.

Is it Borehamwood? 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2023, 08:05:19 PM »

is these the team beginning with B that we won at on BT Sport under Lee Sinnott?

I think it might have been Braintree. To many teams in the south beginning with B if you ask me.

No, as Mad Frankie said, it was definitely Bromley:

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/151114by.htm
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2023, 08:16:57 PM »

I was confusing them with Brackley Town! 😂

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2023, 08:41:01 PM »

Is the Sandhurst pitch grass or plastic?  They converted their old ground to 3G by the look of it and use that for training and youth set up In Bracknell but first team don’t play there

It's grass. I suspect I am the only person on this board (though happy to be corrected, of course) who has seen Bracknell Town play at Bottom Meadow, Sandhurst, as I stayed over between  Bromley and Maidenhead at the start of this season, and saw Bracknell beat Harrow Borough 4-1 on the Monday night in front of 392.

They won 4-1, and should have been won by more.  They would have beaten us in August, I am confident to say, but since then, Bracknell have lost their manager to Weymouth, and their star player, Seb Bowerman to Dorking Wanderers (he was Dorking's best player against us, if I recall correctly). With our improved form since then, I would think we are favourites now.

Nonetheless, they are having a superb season in their first ever season as high as Step 3, can reach the playoffs if they do well in their games in hand, and have had their best ever run in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy, so we definitely do not want to be resting players for this match.

Other things I remember are that they offered a discount if you bought an eticket in advance (not sure if that will apply in the FA Trophy) and the  tree-lined ground is in  a public park, although obviously enclosed. There is not much elevation inside the ground, nor much standing cover, although there are plenty of seats, and it had what looked like a very plush clubhouse, although I didn't investigate that too much. It's not too far from Sandhurst station either, just the other side of the town centre, in what's quite  a small town. There didn't seem to be any obvious means of segregation, and I believe they didn't segregate for the Ipswich match, which attracted a capacity 1950.

Although their rise through the leagues is a good story, I think it has caused some upset in the area. They spent a lot of money converting Larges Lane in Bracknell to have a 3g pitch, while they shared with Sandhurst,but then moved to Sandhurst permanently in 2021, taking over the ground, and painting it black, to make it clear it was no longer Sandhurst Town's, although they still remain there as secondary tenants (the Robins of Bracknell wear red and black).  One benefit from playing in February is that it should be light at the end of the game, and you won't have to walk across the park in the dark as I had to, following a midweek game in August.

I am looking forward to this game; little did I imagine I would be returning so soon after visiting earlier this season!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2023, 09:08:08 PM »

No, as Mad Frankie said, it was definitely Bromley:

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/151114by.htm

I'd forgotten there were that many goals. I do remember the BT people being flummoxed by the Alty win as they didn't appear to have a script ready for that eventuality.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2023, 11:18:55 PM »

Just 3 things:

1) Strongest team
2) Concentration
3) NO complacency!

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2023, 01:56:55 PM »

Just 3 things:

1) Strongest team
2) Concentration
3) NO complacency!
I'm sure we'd be ok if we tick all those boxes. When Trafford dumped us out of the FA cup we probably didn't tick any.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2023, 12:09:50 PM »

Tickets on sale at https://thesbgroup.ktckts.com/event/fataltfc/altrincham-fc

Link doesn't differentiate between home and away tickets, but our social media has published this link so assume the match is unsegregated.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2023, 12:37:07 PM »

Link doesn't differentiate between home and away tickets, but our social media has published this link so assume the match is unsegregated.

Can't see the scrotes paying out on wheels so I can't see why it should be segregated.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »

Can't see the scrotes paying out on wheels so I can't see why it should be segregated.

What about their 'scrotes'?
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »

Appreciate they will want to maximise revenue from the game but they usually charge a fiver and it's £15 when we come to town.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2023, 02:13:31 PM »

Bit of a price hike, I wonder if they put that down to Global warming or the Ukraine conflict.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2023, 02:17:11 PM »

Don't we get 50%?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2023, 02:33:39 PM »

Yes, we do.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2023, 02:34:49 PM »

Appreciate they will want to maximise revenue from the game but they usually charge a fiver and it's £15 when we come to town.

Cos 'we all drive Ferraris ' init
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The FA trophy draw thread