PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough  (Read 14087 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2023, 09:20:56 PM »

He's probably doubled his wages at least and will have a substantial length of contract so will have secured his and his family's future. How could anyone blame him for that? Plus although I feel Chesterfield are third favourites to go up, they've still got a very good shot at it. He could actually make the difference for them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2023, 10:36:43 PM »

Was going to go but should have been a league side.
Chesterfield, come on!!!! not sure it’s much of a step up to be honest.

With respect it’s a very big step up. This is a club who should have beaten West Brom last Saturday in front of 10,000 at their own ground. To me their natural level is League 1 & likely come May they’ll just need to win 1 game at home to go to Wembley for the play off final. Absolutely can’t begrudge Ryan taking this chance & I’m amazed looking back we managed to keep him for just over 2 years. If it was lose him on a free in summer or get a decent fee now & he wanted to go then you have to say his departure was inevitable.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2023, 10:45:45 PM »

He's probably doubled his wages at least and will have a substantial length of contract so will have secured his and his family's future. How could anyone blame him for that? Plus although I feel Chesterfield are third favourites to go up, they've still got a very good shot at it. He could actually make the difference for them.

I thought I saw he had signed an 18 month contract at Chesterfield, so it may not set him up for life, but it will certainly help, and I can't blame him for going.

We did him a favour by signing him when he had certain off-field problems, but he repaid that by signing a longer contract with us meaning we get some compensation, so I will wish him all the best, apart from a certain game in a couple of weeks. His influence of the field of play has been huge, so, yes he just might make the difference for Chesterfield.

Meanwhile, I trust and hope that Phil Parkinson has plans for this likely eventuality.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2023, 10:52:55 PM »

I'm not convinced he's doubled his wages. He was likely paid substantial wages here and Chesterfield have.a big sqaud
It's all my fault.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2023, 11:15:01 PM »

They will go up automatically with Wrexham after Notts County slip up

Should have beaten WBA and played Chelsea in last seasons cup
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2023, 11:31:50 PM »

I see on Chesterfield twitter feed they have released two players this morning who only signed in the summer one been a winger,is there a cash and swap deal on here in exchange for Ryan?

George Cooper? 26,born in Warrington and came through the academy at Crewe.

A good pedigree, but has injury problems! (Yes, I had the same idea!)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2023, 11:33:58 PM »

Meanwhile, I wish Ryan well and thank him for being a credit to the club.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2023, 08:17:49 AM »

I see on Chesterfield twitter feed they have released two players this morning who only signed in the summer one been a winger,is there a cash and swap deal on here in exchange for Ryan?

George Cooper? 26,born in Warrington and came through the academy at Crewe.

A good pedigree, but has injury problems! (Yes, I had the same idea!)

I believe he was the one that vacated the number 10 shirt to make way for Ryan (I thought only one person could wear a number in a season, but clearly not).

Clearly the lad has talent, however I'd be very reluctant to take the risk of having another Egli Kaja on our hands.

I think I'd much rather try to get Bennett back (particularly if he's out of contract at the end of the season?) - and ask Fleetwood if we can develop another one of their players, with the left-footed Baggley being a potential shout cutting in off that right hand flank. Oh, and CCC until the end of the season.

Not asking for much!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough