PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Banim & Denham
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Banim & Denham  (Read 3701 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Banim & Denham
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »

I can understand the differing viewpoints being expressed here about Jody Banim.In terms of pure ability he did look to be the best player on the pitch & the speed of his footwork is mesmerising.He seems to always have time on the ball & is never rushed & whilst it wouldn't have made any real difference if the shot at the end that hit the bar had dropped in, it would have been one of the goals of the season.I think most Alty fans were aware of what he could do throughout the game, therefore watching with a mixture of admiration & trepidation throughout, whereas Droylsden fans probably became increasingly frustrated as the promise of his first half display petered out a bit.

The tussle between Chris Denham & James Jennings was fascinating but as someone else stated JJ eventually ground him down & Warren Peyton helped out superbly....particularly in the first half.I rate Chris Denham but he was well shackled yesterday & I think credit needs to go to the management as well for that in terms of getting their tactics right.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »

Good post Brian.

Also 2 players do not make a good team, the rest struggled. I thought ours was a solid team performance, with quality finishing from Robie and Colin.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »

I though Banim was head and shoulders the best Droylsden player yesterday. His close control, particularly in attacking area's was exceptional. 2 criticisms, firstly, he's far to overweight (obviously) and secondly, on at least 2 occassions he shot from an acute angle when he probably should have crossed the ball. Maybe a reason why he didn't make it in league football? Clearly he thinks he has to carry Droylsden to safety - which probably will not happen!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Banim & Denham