PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Banim & Denham
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Banim & Denham  (Read 3700 times)

Hamilton

Banim & Denham
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »

When Droylsden go down at the end of the season & we stay up, are these players it is worth us trying to get?

louise1925

Re: Banim & Denham
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 08:31:56 PM »

Not sure Banim is Ghs sort of player tbh. Denham - I'm sure he'd give his right arm for. Am I right in thinking Denham has already turned us down once in favour of Stalybridge?

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:38:08 PM »

If that's the case (with Denham) that would be a shame. Do Stalybridge have extra money or Denham no ambition?

With Banim it would at least save on the pies, though I do rate him highly.

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

It was a few seasons ago now that he chose Bridge over us. It's obvious GH rates him very highly and I for one would love to see him at Alty. Banim is a super little player, but you have to question the attitude of a player who 1) refuses to shed the obvious extra pounds he carries 2) who comes out with comments re players putting themselves in the shop window when their club are struggling. I really don't think he will ever be an Alty player, but fingers crossed re. Denham - another Pottsy perhaps?

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 08:44:17 PM »

Denham - another Pottsy perhaps?

Exactly my thoughts

JT

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:49:40 PM »

It was a few seasons ago now that he chose Bridge over us. It's obvious GH rates him very highly and I for one would love to see him at Alty. Banim is a super little player, but you have to question the attitude of a player who 1) refuses to shed the obvious extra pounds he carries 2) who comes out with comments re players putting themselves in the shop window when their club are struggling. I really don't think he will ever be an Alty player, but fingers crossed re. Denham - another Pottsy perhaps?

Little?! bit of an understatment!!
altho yeah do agree he is a cracking player

altyf

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

When Droylsden go down at the end of the season & we stay up, are these players it is worth us trying to get?

Simply, yes.

They are both quality players and whilst we may always give Banim stick for being overweight, he is pure class. His feet are really quick and I really do believe he'd make a great Alty player and perhaps a realistic target at the end of the season. I'd certainly like to see us going after them, but whether we get them is a different matter.

crossie

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »

I think if we stay up and Droysden go down then getting Banim and Denham would be a good option. I think Banim could have done so much better with his football, he would ahve been quite a good league player, however, its quite oovious that the weight is the issue. But over all they proved that there are good players at droysden its a shame there stuck with a team like that really.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Banim was far and away the most skilful player on the pitch this afternoon.

He's a maverick talent who you just have to allow to do his own thing....but I do enjoy watching him (as long as he doesn't score against us).

I think that he'd be a cult idol if he ever came to Moss Lane - a sort of cross between the legendary Tunna and Matt Le Tissier!

Today was the first occasion I can recall that Denham has played against us and not caused us untold damage.
Credit for that must go to James Jennings, who performed exceptionally well against him (aided by Warren Peyton).
Plus Jennings laid on Colin Little's goal with an accurate delivery from the free-kick.

Doesn't having a proper left full back make life easier?
A pity it took us so long to find one!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »

For a while I thought JJ was going to have his work cut out against Denham, but once again he showed his quality and gradually ground the winger down. It's probably been done to death on this forum, but how long do we have him for?

altyf

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 09:26:01 PM »

For a while I thought JJ was going to have his work cut out against Denham, but once again he showed his quality and gradually ground the winger down. It's probably been done to death on this forum, but how long do we have him for?

I'm definitely not 100% sure but I believe it may be until april 3rd...one of those 93 day loans

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »

He's on another months loan with a 24 hour recall on him and can only stay for another month because short term loan players can only play for that club for 93 days. I maybe wrong though
@AltyDaz

Butty

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »

JJ is a very good player, and may have saved a few heart stopping moments if he stopped slipping up (literally)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:35:06 PM by Butty »

Faxthewax

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:26 AM »

This is going to sound like crap from a Bloods fan but I honestly thought (like a lot of Bloods fans) that Banim had  a poor game. We've come to expect so much from him this season that it was disappointing that he couldn't get into the game today! That said, he was still the most skillful player on the pitch and is still a class apart! The rumour is he may be going Grays at the end of the season but whoever gets him will be very lucky!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »

I also thought Banim was poor, he looked good because the rest wernt so good either, if we signed him it would be a backwards step, his main problem was his lack of pace and I cant see that improving next year.
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Banim & Denham