PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty's support today.............
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Alty's support today.............  (Read 4820 times)

Longman

« on: February 09, 2008, 06:06:38 PM »

Was absolutely magnificent as always, we made alot of noise and were behind the players for ninety minutes!!!

I have no doubt that our great support pushes the players that extra yard and is invaluable on days like today!

Well done to all the players and all the supporters!  Lets carry it into Tuesday!

Right i'm off to go and get leathered!  ;D

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Alty's support today.............
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Totally agree! Was proud to be part of such a vociferous crowd. Outsang Droylsden from start to finish.

Anyone know how many we had there today?

Butty

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 06:09:20 PM »

Got to agree, was awesomee, especially the numbers which we turned out in

altyf

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »

Official turn out in the away end was 457...absolutely magnifiscent, with all those in the main stand etc, 500 fans....unbelievable!

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »

Amazing numbers, but we were either not singing loud enough, or not many singing or the acoutics were poor, we just didnt seem loud, but 457 plus those in the main stand is absolutly fantastics, I would say we possibly outnumbered the home supporters.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »

att 1,178

close but no cigar on the outnumbering thing!

Well done to all whom attended was out training terrorists today in deepest darkest Shropshire so could not attend sadly

Bloods r us

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »

Totally agree! Was proud to be part of such a vociferous crowd. Outsang Droylsden from start to finish.

Anyone know how many we had there today?

Hello, Droylsden fan here.

You deserved the win today, we didnt look interested, however i disagree with the part of the quote in bold.

The first half we outsung you, and then in the second you outsung us. First half we could hardly hear you, its the second half that you outsung us.

Well done.

chrisrufc

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »

Depends where you are in the ground though as always

Bloods r us

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »

Depends where you are in the ground though as always

I was sat in the main stand. And i personally think droylsden out sang u first half, and you outsung us in the second.

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »

I expected good numbers from Alty today, but nothing on the 500 scale - unbelievable! As for the game - largely dour, but fairly comfortable from our perspective (how often can we say that). We won the game in midfield and as others have said Liam King was the games outstanding player with Warren and Robbie running their arses off as usual. As I said earlier in the week, Farsley on Tuesday will be much, much tougher. No flair individuals like Droylsden, but Reeves is decent up front, Iqbal is a class act in midfield and two very competent centre backs with an abundance of experience throughout the team. I'd more than settle for 1-0 - in fact, that would be brilliant!

chrisrufc

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »

Code: [Select]
I was sat in the main stand. And i personally think droylsden out sang u first half, and you outsung us in the second.
I've got no excuses for you in that case, I can only suggest you get a doctor to check out your left ear.  We weren't loud but nor were the 10 Droylsden fans who were singing

Bloods r us

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »

I've got no excuses for you in that case, I can only suggest you get a doctor to check out your left ear.  We weren't loud but nor were the 10 Droylsden fans who were singing

You mean the 40-50 odd fans that outsung the mighty Alty?  ::)

chrisrufc

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »

40-50 odd fans
Yes the odd ones

markecky

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »

If you went today you were part of thje best Alty league game support I have seen since Stafford 1991.

Yes we went quiet at times but it was only nerves..

The Altrincham chant after the second goal was the loudest I have ever heard.

Well done to all the fans today....after the critisicm the supporters recieved early season I hope much praise is in order today.

The scenes at the end were superb.

altyf

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 08:44:46 PM »

If you went today you were part of thje best Alty league game support I have seen since Stafford 1991.

Yes we went quiet at times but it was only nerves..

The Altrincham chant after the second goal was the loudest I have ever heard.

Well done to all the fans today....after the critisicm the supporters recieved early season I hope much praise is in order today.

The scenes at the end were superb.

Spot on post...
especially in relation to the nerves...it was difficult to sing at the top of our voices in a match like that.
In terms of volume, we may not have been loud first half but there's no way we were outsung, I couldnt hear anything they sang, but they could clearly hear us as I saw many of them looking over at us when we were singing.

Second half, we were obviously louder because of the goals, I'm sure we would have gone a bit quiet if we were losing 2-0.

Overall, an unbelievable turn out from alty, to get nearly half of the overall attendence is an incredible achievement and staying behind at the end was fantastic....phenomenal day!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team