News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another gem from the Laidlermeister

Author Topic: Another gem from the Laidlermeister  (Read 1492 times)

Graham Bennetts Perm

« on: October 30, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »

From the official site, regarding Histon....

"In a management buy out the old factory site was sold to developers and a new five million pound factory was built at the rear of the property (now owned by Premier Foods and producing Sun-Pat peanut butter and Smash as well as jams), the vision park was built on the old site, as for the railway all rail services stopped in 1992. The track bed is now being taken up to make way for a new guided bus system which will be the largest such service in Europe, unfortunately despite a campaign to save Histon’s 160 year old station this is to be demolished this year to make way of the guided bus car park". Coinciding with Alty's visit to Histon on Saturday, the Cambridgeshire village is witnessing the start of works on the guided bus system this week."

Guided bus system eh?

Is this something similar to guide dogs?

Railway Alty

Re: Another gem from the Laidlermeister
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 07:28:30 PM »

Is the laidlarmeister becoming the new John Arlott? (The best TV cricket commentator ever for the youngsters amongst us) He could tell you about anywhere he was commentating when the game got slow or was rained off. I do recall one sunday league match at Kent I think, the game had stopped and Mr Arlott never stopped the flow even talking about an old jam factory at the back of one of the stands. Maybe Mr laidlar has a distant relative....lol

Hamilton

Re: Another gem from the Laidlermeister
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:39:20 PM »

Is the laidlarmeister becoming the new John Arlott? (The best TV cricket commentator ever for the youngsters amongst us) He could tell you about anywhere he was commentating when the game got slow or was rained off. I do recall one sunday league match at Kent I think, the game had stopped and Mr Arlott never stopped the flow even talking about an old jam factory at the back of one of the stands. Maybe Mr laidlar has a distant relative....lol

Arlott was genius. Maybe JL should start each days news with a nice friendly "Hello Everybody!"
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team