PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 kendal farce
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: kendal farce  (Read 7806 times)

john789

kendal farce
« on: October 29, 2007, 10:00:02 AM »

i decided not to comment on the weekends match until i had time to calm down which i have done now!!!

I live in morecambe and travel round watching various non league games so i class my self as a follower of kendal and not a fan.

I was quite appalled by behaviour of certain officials and one particular alty fan. I have read through various posts on your site and in fairness have been very encouraged by comments made and it seems both sides are to blame.

First let me say there was avery good atmosphere throughout the game and in the clubhouse. I watched the first half in the main stand and went to the slope by the dugouts for the second half. graham  heathcote continually abused the officials and there is a difference between passion and bad behaviour. Lee ashcroft made some comments which were unprofessional so both as bad as each other. The tackle near the end by the dugout caused alot of bad feeling. I could not see what happened but we had to put up with kendal players and alty fans swearing and encouraging each other to fight. This could have turned really nasty.

Of course we then had the sight of heathcote being physically restrained until every other person had left the pitch and he is then clapped off by alty fans in front of the main stand!!!

Now this brings me to the one alty fan who i hope hangs his head in shame if he reads this. alty were trying to make a sub and the 4th official was waiting for a break in the game. this did not go down well with heathcote and this one fan who ran about 30 yeards and let loose in the face of the 4th official with a disgusting volley of abuse. the official was stunned as we all were. seated on the wall was a 5 year old boy with his father but this did not stop this idiot coming out with every swear word possible. thank goodness i did not have my kids with me or i would have taken action. nobody deserves to be spoken to by that and i really felt sorry for him.there is a campaign to clean up the game in non league but this supporter does not know about it. To help you genuine fans recognise him he is in his 50s and was wearing a brown  bobble hat and was positioned with about 6/7 other men and one woman to the left of the alty dugout. hope that wasnt his wife!!!maybe someone needs to have a word with him and tell him he needs professional advice to sort out his temper and how he deals with people.

to sum up alty took their chance in what wasnt an easy pitch or ground to play at. kendal gave everything and made it difficult for alty. if heathcote and ashcroft had more respect some of thye incidents would not have happened. their behaviour is not a good advert to encourage youngsters to follow the game or new fans to continue going.

I wish you luck in the next round.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: kendal farce
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ::)

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:22 AM »

Is anyone else getting sick of reading about GH's pitchside antics week in week out?

I dont want to start some GH out campaign, its not how i feel but I have to say it is becoming renowned and as a result deeply embarrasing for the club and fans. Plus its quite frankly pretty boring now.

Well, as for the fans, we all know who the fruitcakes are, and unfortunately you can only hope they get bored of being idiots one day.

WA15

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »

Is anyone else getting sick of reading about GH's pitchside antics week in week out?

I dont want to start some GH out campaign, its not how i feel but I have to say it is becoming renowned and as a result deeply embarrasing for the club and fans. Plus its quite frankly pretty boring now.

Well, as for the fans, we all know who the fruitcakes are, and unfortunately you can only hope they get bored of being idiots one day.

No, but I'm sick of you posting rubbish from France.

Alex

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:50 AM »

not rele i'm just glad to see someone who is a fan showing there passion for the game (note saturday was note that bad mostley handbags)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »

Now this brings me to the one alty fan who i hope hangs his head in shame if he reads this. alty were trying to make a sub and the 4th official was waiting for a break in the game. this did not go down well with heathcote and this one fan who ran about 30 yeards and let loose in the face of the 4th official with a disgusting volley of abuse. the official was stunned as we all were. seated on the wall was a 5 year old boy with his father but this did not stop this idiot coming out with every swear word possible. thank goodness i did not have my kids with me or i would have taken action. nobody deserves to be spoken to by that and i really felt sorry for him.there is a campaign to clean up the game in non league but this supporter does not know about it.

"Do your f***ing job properly!"

Whilst not brilliant in when there is a child in the vicinity, it wasn't every swear word possible was it? I'd have been more concerned with Kendal centre half who ran 40 yards to offer everyone out to be fair.

Let it lie.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:01:21 PM by Ballers »

john789

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:55 AM »

ballers - it was every word possible from man who was not passionate but offensive and aggressive. if an officiall or player had acted in that way i am sure he would havfe been reported by alot of fans.
yes the kendal players action was also bad -  as i said before it could have got really nasty.

The incidents on saturday are commonplace in higher leagues but i go to non league more because of the friendlier atmosphere. kendal is a very quiet ground compared to most and fans are polite so this behaviour probably stood out more.  overall supporters  on staurday mixed very well which i expect at this level and is a joy to see. i just wished i had a video of the one fan i am talking about and to see his reaction

teasybeaver

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »

No, but I'm sick of you posting rubbish from France.

Cheers.

Anyone for a biscuit?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 12:02:21 PM »

By the way, how come the swear word filter isn't working. Just had to edit my own post.

p.s. zzzz

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »

not rele i'm just glad to see someone who is a fan showing there passion for the game (note saturday was note that bad mostley handbags)

Completley off the subject duke do you have a link for the picture at the bottom of your posts its spot on?
Come on you red and white........

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 12:13:14 PM »

i decided not to comment on the weekends match until i had time to calm down which i have done now!!!

I live in morecambe and travel round watching various non league games so i class my self as a follower of kendal and not a fan.

I was quite appalled by behaviour of certain officials and one particular alty fan. I have read through various posts on your site and in fairness have been very encouraged by comments made and it seems both sides are to blame.

First let me say there was avery good atmosphere throughout the game and in the clubhouse. I watched the first half in the main stand and went to the slope by the dugouts for the second half. graham  heathcote continually abused the officials and there is a difference between passion and bad behaviour. Lee ashcroft made some comments which were unprofessional so both as bad as each other. The tackle near the end by the dugout caused alot of bad feeling. I could not see what happened but we had to put up with kendal players and alty fans swearing and encouraging each other to fight. This could have turned really nasty.

Of course we then had the sight of heathcote being physically restrained until every other person had left the pitch and he is then clapped off by alty fans in front of the main stand!!!

Now this brings me to the one alty fan who i hope hangs his head in shame if he reads this. alty were trying to make a sub and the 4th official was waiting for a break in the game. this did not go down well with heathcote and this one fan who ran about 30 yeards and let loose in the face of the 4th official with a disgusting volley of abuse. the official was stunned as we all were. seated on the wall was a 5 year old boy with his father but this did not stop this idiot coming out with every swear word possible. thank goodness i did not have my kids with me or i would have taken action. nobody deserves to be spoken to by that and i really felt sorry for him.there is a campaign to clean up the game in non league but this supporter does not know about it. To help you genuine fans recognise him he is in his 50s and was wearing a brown  bobble hat and was positioned with about 6/7 other men and one woman to the left of the alty dugout. hope that wasnt his wife!!!maybe someone needs to have a word with him and tell him he needs professional advice to sort out his temper and how he deals with people.

to sum up alty took their chance in what wasnt an easy pitch or ground to play at. kendal gave everything and made it difficult for alty. if heathcote and ashcroft had more respect some of thye incidents would not have happened. their behaviour is not a good advert to encourage youngsters to follow the game or new fans to continue going.

I wish you luck in the next round.
So basically class told. Usually in a cup-tie the lower division side raises their game but fail to take their chances and get punished. That may happen to us against Millwall.
They really should be beating teams like us

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »

So basically class told. Usually in a cup-tie the lower division side raises their game but fail to take their chances and get punished. That may happen to us against Millwall.

Maybe it will ... but then again, just maybe not ................  ::)

Most of us thought that that at Blackpool (especially the second time) and at Alty when we played the replay against Sheffield United.

Keep the faith, and COME ON YOU ROBINS
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alex

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Completley off the subject duke do you have a link for the picture at the bottom of your posts its spot on?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/alty_star/Altrincham%20FC/image085.jpg

there you go

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 12:21:30 PM »

thats a cracker!

would be good as a desktop background
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 kendal farce