PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 is this what is waiting for us ?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: is this what is waiting for us ?  (Read 5005 times)

decman7

« on: October 28, 2007, 09:58:41 PM »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: is this what is waiting for us ?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:00:55 PM »

No. There is history between Leeds and Millwall. Its like saying would Lazio kick off with us like they do with Roma or Man U like they do with Leeds ??

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »

No, Millwall have a long standing hatred of Leeds, as any decent football fan should. Remember Billy Bremner?

The Red Baron

Hulme Robin

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:08:38 PM »

I saw millwall twice last season home and away) whilst supporting the other robins, Bristol City.

They brought a few mouthy kids to ashton gate as well as some weirdo dutch bloke in sunglasses who kept waving his millwall scarf at us all the way through the match 8).

At their gaff they had a fight with a sheet that was covering some of their seats, the sheet came out of it the worst, but only just.

Some git called robinson scored for them thus ruining my trip to london, was impressed with darren byfield, who in turn left for a bigger and better club ;D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:10:09 PM by Hulme Robin »

markecky

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »

Unless we decide to wait for them near Stamford Park I doubt it.

Can we chill with the scaremongering a bit now. 

penfold

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »

Leed = hooligans
Millwall = Hooligans

put the two clubs together and you get VIOLENCE its not rocket science

but i dont think it will kick off unless we cause an up set which will be funny as hell will break lose

Alex

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 11:04:22 AM »

just a thought although i honestly believe the day will go off without any major incident (apart from the mini riot at the end of the game when dawn informs the ground cleaners that there are no chicken balti pies left) i was thinking that City are not playing on the saturday and don't have the best of relationships with millwall fans is there a possibility of a conflict between these two groups?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:14:50 AM »

There is a chance of trouble like any big game, could be similar to the Wigan FA cup match, but my bet is Millwall wont be to bothered about this match especially after Leeds at the weekend and will bring about 600 relatively well behaved fans.

MFCMark

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 03:25:12 PM »

*sigh*

PLEASE stop thinking we're all hooligans. There's about 100 who think they're so brilliant. They hardly watch the games at Millwall, they're staring at the away fans instead. They can reach them, they can't hear them, but they still try and give it. They don't have 1 GCSE between them. They will not be allowed tickets to this game.

Do you need any more reassurance?

DarrenH

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »

Well said Mark.
There must be a level of sense prevailing here.
I am sure that a large majority of the Millwall fans are just sensible football loving people.
Any issues like this are for the local police and the clubs to address prior to the game and I am sure this will be done.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »

(apart from the mini riot at the end of the game when dawn informs the ground cleaners that there are no chicken balti pies left)
Dawn will not be able to attend the game due to having a major operation next week, And its not to remove the balti pie from her axxe before someone suggests it.
@AltyDaz

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »

*sigh*

PLEASE stop thinking we're all hooligans. There's about 100 who think they're so brilliant. They hardly watch the games at Millwall, they're staring at the away fans instead. They can reach them, they can't hear them, but they still try and give it. They don't have 1 GCSE between them. They will not be allowed tickets to this game.

Nope  ;D

theboss

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »

*sigh*

Mark, that statement came directly from your arse hole ! yes we have a very large hooligan following, most of them ARE true millwall and have been going a lot longer than Mark and longer even than me. they know the club and they love the club, they are ones at Carlisle, Hartlepool and even friendlies in Dundee. but yes there are some little scrotes too who like to mouth off and throw things. but then every club has that, i bet even this lot will have a few chavs out on the day. The day will depend on 3 things.

1. if man sh*tty or united ( both of whom we have bad history with) decide to wait somewhere en route, ours will play up
2. if man sh*tty or united decide to come to game for trouble ours will obleige
3. if the police (is it GMP where you are ) decide to treat us in their usual manner, ours will retaliate.

Millwall fans have no intention of fighting with you lot, we have no need, no reason and no wish to . the best games i have been to have been where we have been made welcome, put in pubs for a good beer and not been provoked by the police. places like Swindon, Grimsby, crewe and bournemouth. all treated us like humans and we behaved like humans.

there is no need for scare mongering, im sure it will be a decent day out for us both, win lose or draw!!!

DarrenH

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 11:38:29 AM »

Well said. Virtually every club has an "element".
I am sure that all the Millwall people will be made welcome in the town and at the club as are most other visiting teams and that way everyone can enjoy the day.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team