PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket details announced - ALL TICKET
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ticket details announced - ALL TICKET  (Read 8533 times)

baldrick

Re: Ticket details announced - ALL TICKET
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 07:49:21 PM »

Hello Foz....... I was listening to the draw in the car on the way home and i nearly crashed into a Volvo when i heard it. I thought it was a million to one chance as Millwall usually get someone like Northampton away and lose in extra time. So far i have had twenty people phone me asking me to get them tickets. I am a bit concerned about this as it looks like anyone can buy as many tickets as they want. Millwall have twelve north west based fans that i know about and probably a lot more. They won't care what end they are in as long as they get in. Millwall only sell tickets to season ticket holders and members so there will be a lot looking for tickets in the home end.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »

Actually mentioned you three times in the last 40 posts but we'll not split hairs.

You're right though it is a bit boring now which is unlike me as usually I am worlds funniest.

I promise not to mention you again ever. Unless you do a "Which director does the least" post with a poll or similar  ;D

You may have guessed but your post, on the eve of what we are experiencing now, was horrendous in my book.  You are entitled to your opinion like I am entitled to my opinion on your post.

Apologies if I've upset you, I love all Alty fans really.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 07:57:45 PM »

The club needs to use Baldricks experience on this one.

Surely there must be a limit of say 4 per person advertised.

And if its an Alty fan known to the club I am sure this could be relaxed a little if they needed 5 or 6.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »

That's a very good point to be fair. I don't think the 1,200 Millwall fans who travel up and are in the away end would be a problem.

It's a slightly different situation as Port Vale is only an hours drive away but hundreds of their fans just nipped up to Alty to buy tickets for the Golf Road end. Whilst this was back in December 92 it still meant we had to endure one of the most tedious afternoons in our history.

I suppose the thing is, how do you shift 5,000 tickets when only limiting it. That said I would urge the club to make it only 2 tickets per person, if you want it come and get it.

We could do with a game in between where people can come and buy them.

This is the problem with being sh*te in the FA Cup for 5 years. You'd have laughed your fookin heads off if we'd tried to use a voucher system at league games in case of any such fixture.  :D

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 08:18:56 PM »

When we had a previous all ticket match Wigan i think didn't you have to provide proof of your address? I started stewarding after this match and i'm sure the club went down that line Btw i'm finishing stewarding before the next match :D :D :D
@AltyDaz

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »

When we had a previous all ticket match Wigan i think didn't you have to provide proof of your address?

That sort of thing is only "semi affective" If Millwall have exiles living in the mancheter area, coming to the ground to buy tickets enmasse for the home end, they will have a manchester address!

markecky

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »

Think you have to limit it and make it very clear on tickets any fans in the wrong end will not be transferred, they will be ejected.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »

Millwall fans getting tickets for our part of the ground is my biggest worry too.  Personally I would restrict postal applications to people who are season ticket holders, or are STAR members.  I would be very surprised if our more distant fans are neither of these things.  I'd also limit the number of tickets sold per person.

I can fully understand the club wanting to sell as many tickets as possible, but it does concern me that more than a few tickets will get in the wrong hands.  

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 08:37:21 PM »

I am neither a season ticket or Star member but will be applying via post.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 08:38:45 PM »

I think they'll know who you are Gary...  ;)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:02 PM »

I think they'll know who you are Gary...  ;)

The worry is bob, although they know who gary is,there will be others who are exiles that will want to attend, and order by post,that arent season ticket holders bcuase they live miles away and might niot be star members. I think we just need enough police, if they get a few in our end that start misbehaving the old bill can lob them out,simlple.And as ecky says,have signs at the turnstiles that there will be NO transfers once in the ground and fans of the opposing team discovered in the home end WILL be ejected, no exceptions.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »

I think most of our exiles fans still knows someone who regular attends matches it may be worth them trying to get them a ticket.

@AltyDaz

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »

Not everyone has access to the interweb and with the Messenger not coming out till thursday is there any one on here who can set up a poster advertising the forth coming game and that its all ticket that we can print off and get it put around the town.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 09:39:46 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

baldrick

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »

Darren..... For a game like this the fans will contact the club for details rather than the club having to go looking for fans. It is not a good idea to throw people out because they are in the wrong end. You don't want hundreds of drunken Millwall supporters with the hump wandering around the town.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »

Darren..... For a game like this the fans will contact the club for details rather than the club having to go looking for fans. It is not a good idea to throw people out because they are in the wrong end. You don't want hundreds of drunken Millwall supporters with the hump wandering around the town.
Can you show me where i have said about throwing people out because there in the wrong end?
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket details announced - ALL TICKET