PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight  (Read 6578 times)

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »

Maybe Geoff believes the club should create it's own revenue rather than spend money it hasn't got. Maybe he feels that funding the team coach travel is a significant contribution in it's own right. It's funny how we are too good for the BSN yet have (probably) been relelgated from the Conference three years on the run. There's some very short memories around here. It's not that long since the crown debt that threatened to shut down the club was cleared. The club was never ready financially for a promotion no one ever expected so soon. Trips to Oxford, Cambridge, Exeter and Torquay don't automatically and magically fund full-time Conference level wages. Unless someone steps in with a bag of gold then the BSN is Altrincham's natural level. Get used to it.
Most sensible thing anyone's ever said on here.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

VofD

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »

What could Ken do that Graham can't.

Play players in their natural positions, attack teams at home, play a formation that suits the team, bring in Alty players rather than loan players, not beat up the opposition bench, not have a fight at small clubs like Lancaster, motivate the team, shall I go on?

We have £70,000 in the pot (if it is Alty money and not Board money), we need to spend wisely, there is no doubting that, I am just glad we have a new club shop being built and new turnstiles built for the influx of fans that will come through our doors in the BSN, to watch a poor game of football.

Ok that is the negative over with.

On the plus side if we stay up we have £70,000 to improve the team, we have an improved ground with a club shop / toilets and new turnstiles and we have the opportunity for the first year of knowing we will be in the BSP so can built a team as soon as the season ends.

Ok that is the positive over with.

It all depends on how you feel at the time of posting I guess, there is good and bad in every situation.

I only hope Halifax lose and we win.
And not abuse/threaten paying customers >:( >:(

le bignose

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 02:23:57 PM »

What could Ken do that Graham can't.

Play players in their natural positions, attack teams at home, play a formation that suits the team, bring in Alty players rather than loan players, not beat up the opposition bench, not have a fight at small clubs like Lancaster, motivate the team, shall I go on?

We have £70,000 in the pot (if it is Alty money and not Board money), we need to spend wisely, there is no doubting that, I am just glad we have a new club shop being built and new turnstiles built for the influx of fans that will come through our doors in the BSN, to watch a poor game of football.

Ok that is the negative over with.

On the plus side if we stay up we have £70,000 to improve the team, we have an improved ground with a club shop / toilets and new turnstiles and we have the opportunity for the first year of knowing we will be in the BSP so can built a team as soon as the season ends.

Ok that is the positive over with.

It all depends on how you feel at the time of posting I guess, there is good and bad in every situation.

I only hope Halifax lose and we win.
And not abuse/threaten paying customers >:( >:(

He's back ..........

If the abuse is deserved so be it !! GH gets a fair bit from the paying fans !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight