PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight  (Read 6576 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 09:16:48 AM »

I though Alty had a manager
Harold

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 09:37:28 AM »

I though Alty had a manager

You wouldn't think so after this season's performance.

The Fan

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 10:01:39 AM »

Let's be positive. 4th bottom is normally enough to stay up.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »

We can't keep relying on other teams getting kicked out. It's getting embarrassing. It's pathetic that for the last few weeks we've all been desperately wanting/waiting for other teams to drop points instead of making the effort and getting them ourselves.

Whatever the outcome on Saturday, we need change. If we don't, Goodwin can feck off.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 10:16:19 AM »

The BS North is a complete abyss. 

Full of stupid little teams who are better than us on gates of 189 and a meat raffle.

Full of stupid little teams that will be desperate to shoot the big boys down! Posts like this will just make them more determined. What next: "We should be beating teams like this?"

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 10:19:31 AM »

Just can't be arsed with basic little fans that have no idea what loving and supporting a club is all about.

I can name so many clubs fans that have given sh*t then get annoyed if you get angry at them, no segregation and people that don't understand how much people care about Altrincham is just a bad, bad combination.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »

We can't keep relying on other teams getting kicked out. It's getting embarrassing. It's pathetic that for the last few weeks we've all been desperately wanting/waiting for other teams to drop points instead of making the effort and getting them ourselves.

Whatever the outcome on Saturday, we need change. If we don't, Goodwin can feck off.

Yeah, right! Crackin' idea!

Goodwin and the board have done quite a bit for this club, which is why we are now on a sound financial base rather than out of business.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »

The BS North is a complete abyss. 

Full of stupid little teams who are better than us on gates of 189 and a meat raffle.

Full of stupid little teams that will be desperate to shoot the big boys down! Posts like this will just make them more determined. What next: "We should be beating teams like this?"

Posts like this will have no bearing on the performance of any side next year at all.

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 10:39:38 AM »

Does nobody realise how many people are going to stop attending our games if we go down? People don't want to watch the piss poor pub football that gets played in BS North. There will be hardly any away fans and a less than enthralled home support in considerably lower numbers than we've seen for the last few seasons.

If this is what people want then you can keep it.

Alty Blue

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »

What could Ken do that Graham can't. If Ken has been scouting for us, then he couldn't do much more if he was in charge. He would still be bound by the financial restrictions that Graham operated under, probably more so in the BSN, and attracting a better class of player in said league will be even more difficult.

Yes, a change may help, but cannot see why it would..

Alty365

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:48 PM »

By that argument we would never change managers again. Also, to suggest he couldn't do much more as manager than he currently does as a scout is demented. There is so much more "hands on" stuff that he could influence if he was manager rather than just a scout.

We can't carry on with all this sentimental stuff about people doing better than anyone else under financial constraints. How do you know unless you let him try? 

louise1925

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »

Ken is the man. I loved him as a player and I will love him as Alty manager. That is all really.

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »

What could Ken do that Graham can't.

Play players in their natural positions, attack teams at home, play a formation that suits the team, bring in Alty players rather than loan players, not beat up the opposition bench, not have a fight at small clubs like Lancaster, motivate the team, shall I go on?

We have £70,000 in the pot (if it is Alty money and not Board money), we need to spend wisely, there is no doubting that, I am just glad we have a new club shop being built and new turnstiles built for the influx of fans that will come through our doors in the BSN, to watch a poor game of football.

Ok that is the negative over with.

On the plus side if we stay up we have £70,000 to improve the team, we have an improved ground with a club shop / toilets and new turnstiles and we have the opportunity for the first year of knowing we will be in the BSP so can built a team as soon as the season ends.

Ok that is the positive over with.

It all depends on how you feel at the time of posting I guess, there is good and bad in every situation.

I only hope Halifax lose and we win.

le bignose

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »

What could Ken do that Graham can't. If Ken has been scouting for us, then he couldn't do much more if he was in charge. He would still be bound by the financial restrictions that Graham operated under, probably more so in the BSN, and attracting a better class of player in said league will be even more difficult.

Yes, a change may help, but cannot see why it would..

Are you serious ............... maybe select the right team formation for home and away games, make the right subs, at the right time, play players worthy of playing and not "favourites" like you get in lower leagues, have the bottle to drop the "favourites", have better technical and tactical awareness, not balloon on the sidelines, just some of the things that spring to mind

Im not slagging GH off even though it looks like it, but honestly, in the last 3yrs have we progressed? Yer yer we have no money i know, but that doesnt mean he cant make the right tactical decisions when called upon. It doesnt mean  he cant play the right team or select the right formation does it.

I really think GH has done a great job, within his capabilities, but he isnt of conference standard, and that it the bottom line, and he has had a fair crack of the whip and its the same story at the end of the season!! And i'd rather see a new face in and the same result happen than stick with a manager who hasnt taken us anywhere.

Any other manager would have been on his way ........... fact. Football is fickle and sentiment shouldnt come into it which GH gets from GG!!!

Or we carry on next season as we are cos obviously we're heading in the right direction aint we!!??!?!?!! Its time for a new face, fresh idea's, picks the club up, the fans and staff as its a new start !!! Or again we carry on this f*cking slump and rut we're in !!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:52:02 PM by le bignose »

Alty Blue

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »

I get your point lads. To be honest, I would love to see Ken take over too, but was making the point that without substantial fiunds, wholesales changes to playing staff would be difficult, though I accept some kind of attacking football would be a vast improvement,
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spoke to Ken McKenna tonight