PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future of Altrincham F.C.?

Poll

Ken McKenna is available and the club is at an important crossroads. Do we try to bring him in while we've got the chance?

Yes
- 40 (74.1%)
No
- 14 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The future of Altrincham F.C.?  (Read 6570 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The future of Altrincham F.C.?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

I voted no because i don't believe anyone is as committed to the club as Graham.  He is far more than just a manager.  He got the club into the BSP and has kept us there with no money and only part timers and loan signings.  Luck has played a major part in the fight against relegation in recent years and it will probably do so again this season, but the fact that Altrincham are still in the BSP is an amazing achievement and mainly thanks to Graham.

Actually, it's mainly thanks to Scarborough's financial woes; Canvey Town withdrawing from the league and Boston United's financial problems.

Is that Canvey Town that play on the Island???? ;D

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 08:26:28 PM »

i said no, in fairness the questions is stupid, is the future next week or next year?

i doubt mckenna will come to a side that is going to be playing in thevBSnorth next season, but please feel free to correct me if you think he would be happy managing in the BSnorth

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 08:57:32 PM »

I voted no because i don't believe anyone is as committed to the club as Graham.  He is far more than just a manager.  He got the club into the BSP and has kept us there with no money and only part timers and loan signings.  Luck has played a major part in the fight against relegation in recent years and it will probably do so again this season, but the fact that Altrincham are still in the BSP is an amazing achievement and mainly thanks to Graham.

Actually, it's mainly thanks to Scarborough's financial woes; Canvey Town withdrawing from the league and Boston United's financial problems.

That's the one, Mister Flynn!

Oh dear, I'll never get a commentary job with Radio Manchester if I continue to commit schoolboy howlers like that....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »

That's the one, Mister Flynn!

Oh dear, I'll never get a commentary job with Radio Manchester if I continue to commit schoolboy howlers like that....

I'll be able to match you stride for stride!!!

Flynnmanballs

altyf

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »

I answered no, simply because, if I said I would sack him in the hope of hiring McKenna, I would only be doing so based on his poor tactics...and I can see him changing them...everything else he has done for the club is miraculous and I can only hope that he sees sense to now have a go at teams and get that group of players fighting in these last 8 games...whether it is too late now is a different matter.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 05:44:02 PM »

I answered no, simply because, if I said I would sack him in the hope of hiring McKenna, I would only be doing so based on his poor tactics...and I can see him changing them...everything else he has done for the club is miraculous and I can only hope that he sees sense to now have a go at teams and get that group of players fighting in these last 8 games...whether it is too late now is a different matter.

Agreed we cannot lose GH in the hope.....that would be stupid in the extreme.

Also agree that what GH has done for the club is extraordinary, but can he take the Robins any further?

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »

Voting has now ended and the result speaks for itself.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »

What 54 out of 1000 fans?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alty365

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

No, 40 out of 54 fans. That's a reasonable cross section of opinion.

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »

important  point:

54 out of how many users of the forum over the weekend

Alty365

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 09:36:03 PM »

1000 is an irrelevant figure anyway because if you're referring to our hardcore support the number would be much smaller.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

Tit.

What do you hope to prove with this anyway, very helpful and supportive!

Alty365

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 10:08:42 PM »

Tit.

Very mature of you that. If you don't have a sensible argument just say nothing.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:26 PM »

What? A stupid fan splitting so called vote when all should be clubbing together not causing factions? If you think so then yeh but some of us are possibly a bit longer in the tooth than you.

So you think Mc Kenna is even interested do you?

Alty365

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »

I have no doubt that he would come here if asked. I believe he once said as much. I wouldn't worry yourself too much because it's not going to happen.

So, as a fellow southern based fan are you looking forward to our team not playing any games down here next season? Are you relishing the prospect of regional football in front of 500 or less every week? There comes a time when action is required to stop the rot whether you like it or not. I witnessed one of the worst Alty performances ever at Grays on Saturday and it was the last straw in my eyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The future of Altrincham F.C.?