PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redshaw training with Morcambe
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Redshaw training with Morcambe  (Read 6618 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Redshaw training with Morcambe
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »

Happy he's with Ken at Morecambe. I don't see any reason for him not ro be loaned back to us, if he does sign for them

Other than, he's probably good enough to be in their squad already
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »

Kevin Ellison is up there as well, decent setup at Morecambe.  Hope it works out for him if it happens

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »

Good club for him to go to.....all the best jack, hope it works out for you...and if it doesn't I think we could find a place for you back in alty's side.....not sure we'd be able to offer you a contract though....

as for alty, I guess twiss will suddenly be fit again....our problems are not a shortage of goals we need to keep tightening up at the back and perversly this may actually help our cause....

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »

he will be about 4th choice striker to start with there imo behind price , carlton and jevons so i hope if he goes there  we  should at least enquire about getting him back on loan.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 10:38:16 PM »

Good club for him to go to.....all the best jack, hope it works out for you...and if it doesn't I think we could find a place for you back in alty's side.....not sure we'd be able to offer you a contract though....

as for alty, I guess twiss will suddenly be fit again....our problems are not a shortage of goals we need to keep tightening up at the back and perversly this may actually help our cause....

we need the equiv. of Jack at the back. Ideal is to get him back on loan but right now replacing him isn't the priority.  We need stability at the back.

mikealty

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »

Morecambe fans seem to think they can get Reeves off us too... http://www.shrimpsvoices.co.uk/

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »

Kenny mc clearly didn't rate reeves last season so I can't see it

dopamine

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

Ken Mckenna will spot his potential, much happier agreed, if it doesn't work out at least he knows we won't stand in his way. I hope lee is looking around for another striker.

Chris Senior?
He's a guisley.

Duncan whatmore(sp?) could get a chance now, scored a hatful for the youth and took his school far further in the FA Schools cup than they should ever have gone.

He is a very good player for that standard for sure.  I just remember the goal he scored in the 1st round of that cup a couple of years ago when he was in year 11 and already essentially the best player on the team, it was actually sublime...

SRT

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »

Can't really see they would sign Redshaw and then put him out on loan, he is good enough to get into their squad. Let's hope they don't come in for Reeves as well. Much happier to see Redshaw goign to a league club, this is understandable.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 11:45:11 AM »

Morecambe fans seem to think they can get Reeves off us too... http://www.shrimpsvoices.co.uk/

Reeves will be around at Moss Lane for the season Im sure

shrimper

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »

Ken and Jim Bentley have both said they see the loan market as a way to have a look at lads with a view to signing them - particularly young lads.

I see this in the same light, have a look and see how they adapt. From your comments and from the few clips I've seen of the lad, he certainly looks to have clever feet and it'd be interesting to see how he fares with players of a slightly better ability around him (and on some decent surfaces of which there are quite a few at this level).

Good to hear you talking about this possible move in such a positive and constructive way (not that I'd expect anything else - you know your football).

Big Kev has been excellent for us (especially as we expected his signature to be more about bringing a bit of a buzz to the dressing room rather than necessarily being a regular starter).

Jim and Ken were presented with a difficult ask in their first management job together but are making a decent fist of it. We may be struggling for form at the moment but we've been impressed by their approach and the players they've brought in - we hope Jack, if he comes, follows that trend. And, as you've said, you know he's in good hands.

Our 'first choice' strikers aren't exactly setting the world alight - Kev aside, so don't be at all surprised if he gets a few starts fairly quickly if he moves here.

Good luck to you as well for this season - always enjoyed our tussles.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:48:04 PM by shrimper »

shrimper

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »

Sensible lad and, knowing how Jim and Ken work, they'd probably be more than happy with that anyway. With them it's as much about getting to know the players' attitudes as just seeing their ability - and Jack wanting to make sure his dad's happy and has met our chaps just reeks of common sense and doing things the right way.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 05:20:40 PM »

does this mean,if Jack is training with Morcambe and has not signed for em ,by the time our next match is here,he will be super fit for us ?
Harold

bumble

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 05:34:44 PM »

Is it still available for Saturday?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »

At the moment I would think he is still available.
But don't hold your breath!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Redshaw training with Morcambe