PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how much longer?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how much longer?  (Read 5353 times)

fuertes

Re: how much longer?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »

I'm not Heathcote's biggest fan by any stretch, but we decided to keep him in close season and allowed him to sign the players he wanted. You have to give him time to get something decent out of them. If we win 2-0 at home next game we won't be doing too horribly all things told. It's when you're 10 points adrift and the players aren't trying that you can legitimately argue there's no way the current manager can save us.

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »

If we win 2-0 at home next game we won't be doing too horribly all things told.

I would say that is the minimum we should be looking for from the Lewes game, anything less would be a joke.

It's when you're 10 points adrift and the players aren't trying that you can legitimately argue there's no way the current manager can save us.

So, we should wait for the inevitable and waste valuable time and points before making a change? Sorry, but 2 consecutive relegations says it all for me. There has been no improvement this season and it's not just a question of waiting for new players to gel. If that were the case we would be improving steadily with each game. We're not improving though, we're getting worse!!

The excuses have run out now, we've heard them a hundred times before. The only way we have a hope of avoiding relegation this season is to replace the manager. The sooner we all understand that the better.

Longman

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

With all this talk of replacing GH I just wonder if anyone remembers Col Little saying that "if Graham goes he goes"?

VofD

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »

If we win 2-0 at home next game we won't be doing too horribly all things told.

I would say that is the minimum we should be looking for from the Lewes game, anything less would be a joke.

It's when you're 10 points adrift and the players aren't trying that you can legitimately argue there's no way the current manager can save us.

So, we should wait for the inevitable and waste valuable time and points before making a change? Sorry, but 2 consecutive relegations says it all for me. There has been no improvement this season and it's not just a question of waiting for new players to gel. If that were the case we would be improving steadily with each game. We're not improving though, we're getting worse!!

The excuses have run out now, we've heard them a hundred times before. The only way we have a hope of avoiding relegation this season is to replace the manager. The sooner we all understand that the better.

I certainly understand it. ;) ;) ;)

Alty365

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »

With all this talk of replacing GH I just wonder if anyone remembers Col Little saying that "if Graham goes he goes"?

Anyone with that attitude has their loyalty in the wrong place.

Longman

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 03:49:23 PM »

Can't really question Colin Little's loyalty to Altrincham!

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 03:54:36 PM »

Can't really question Colin Little's loyalty to Altrincham!

Colin Little has been absolutely immense for Alty and that will never be questioned. His actions in the past would indicate he is loyal to the club, for example when he told Geoff Goodwin that being paid less money would not be a problem for him.

However, anyone who says "if he goes, I go" is putting their own interests before those of the club. To my mind his loyalty should be 100% to the club. Let's hope it doesn't come to that because I'd hate to lose him.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:09:02 PM by Alty365 »

dino

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:25 PM »

it looks like there is a a large majority on here who want the change.....it must happen sooner rather than later as after saturday we have 5 games that look like yielding nil points.  whoever is the successful applicant and i favour mckenna or burr, should be appointed as a part time manager in keeping with the clubs structure. i think a better candidate would probably operate sucessfully  without the bloated structure we have now.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 09:11:46 PM »

Do we have a scout who watches our 'next' opposition?

altyf

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »

Do we have a scout who watches our 'next' opposition?

I think this only happens if we don't have a game which means GB or GH can go. I remember Graham saying at the last fans forum that some teams prepared ridiculously thick dossiers on their next opponent and the fact we simply can't afford to employ people to do this sort of thing.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how much longer?