PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All is not lost
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All is not lost  (Read 5818 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: All is not lost
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »

I saw Gary Brabin play for Southport not so very long ago. He's as wide as he is tall these days, but he was still able to command the midfield that evening against top of the table Accrington. Would love to see both Ken and him at the club, but imagine wages would be a problem - probably end up at Chester.
Anybody must be mad to manage Chester.

Heard a reliable rumour (if there is such a thing) down at the local whilst out with Mrs S that Chester may well be going into admin as soon as (or if) they are free from relegation worries.
The general concensus though was that it's very unlikely that they'll finish 11 points better off than the bottom two so they may be left in a bit of a quandry.
Thinking back to them trying to get the wage bill down recently and trying to offload Kevin Ellison to Stockport (easily their best player IMO) as he's on the highest wage at the club, there might well be something in it.
You heard it here first (Ithink!)
That rumour has been hanging around Chester since January.

That's as maybe, Cestrian, but don't forget we're out in the 'sticks' here in Saughall!  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 11:35:49 AM »

I saw Gary Brabin play for Southport not so very long ago. He's as wide as he is tall these days, but he was still able to command the midfield that evening against top of the table Accrington. Would love to see both Ken and him at the club, but imagine wages would be a problem - probably end up at Chester.
Anybody must be mad to manage Chester.

Heard a reliable rumour (if there is such a thing) down at the local whilst out with Mrs S that Chester may well be going into admin as soon as (or if) they are free from relegation worries.
The general concensus though was that it's very unlikely that they'll finish 11 points better off than the bottom two so they may be left in a bit of a quandry.
Thinking back to them trying to get the wage bill down recently and trying to offload Kevin Ellison to Stockport (easily their best player IMO) as he's on the highest wage at the club, there might well be something in it.
You heard it here first (Ithink!)
That rumour has been hanging around Chester since January.

That's as maybe, Cestrian, but don't forget we're out in the 'sticks' here in Saughall!  ;)
I know. I didn't realise how far until I reffed in Saughall.
Just browsing on Devachat. Chester seem to be overdue in handing in their accounts. This looks like another club in serious trouble of going under.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 12:05:27 PM by Cestrian Alty »
They really should be beating teams like us

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 01:53:08 PM »

I'd love to be playing them in league games next year - the wind-up possibilities in the local when myself and Mrs S bowl in with smug looks on our faces after Alty have just beaten them are just too tasty to think about!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

James Black

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »

all is not lost sorry hughesy but at this stage of the battle to stay up i think were losing it and no sign of change until easter monday
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 All is not lost