News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Knobsock of the Season Award 2015/6

Author Topic: Knobsock of the Season Award 2015/6  (Read 5004 times)

taxi Phil

« on: March 28, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »

I'm not bothering with a poll this season, since that loathsome oxygen thief Anthony Griffith is the only viable winner. If anybody disagrees THEY can start a poll.

I never thought anybody would anger me more than Frank Sinclair.

GB Alty

Re: Knobsock of the Season Award 2015/6
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:06:20 AM »

I'm not bothering with a poll this season, since that loathsome oxygen thief Anthony Griffith is the only viable winner. If anybody disagrees THEY can start a poll.

wrong the only viable option is Graham Rowley, has turned the club into a total laughing stock by giving his mate the managers job

Interesting to hear that other board members and coaching staff equally bemused by the appointment

The clubs gone
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:40:41 AM by Woofer »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »

wrong the only viable option is Graham Rowley, has turned the club into a total laughing stock by giving his mate the managers job

Interesting to hear that other board members and coaching staff equally bemused by the appointment

The clubs gone

What an utterly pathetic post.  I accept people can act on emotion, but the last time I looked, the club was on an okay financial footing and playing at National level on limited resources (as we always have done).

Be careful what you wish for.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »

The clubs gone

What an utterly pathetic post.  I accept people can act on emotion, but the last time I looked, the club was on an okay financial footing and playing at National level on limited resources (as we always have done).

the club will get relegated,the club is in the red and I don't know the resources

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »

The clubs gone

the club will get relegated,the club is in the red and I don't know the resources

...and yet people are clamouring for an investor, like the Maunders saga never happened.

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 03:49:28 PM »

I'm mindful of the state sugar daddies and 'investors' have left certain other clubs in, but it doesn't mean there isn't necessarily a Mr. Fleetwood, or FGR out there who could really help us. If the question is never asked, we'll never know.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 04:08:34 PM »

Accrington overspent to get out of the division, and they were grateful to a sugar daddy for saving them from oblivion again. I wouldn't like to take that chance.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Morecambe once McGuigan sells up.

From our point of view (and assuming we have a sell-on), we could do with Sunderland going down to give Duncan a better shop window.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »

Accrington overspent to get out of the division, and they were grateful to a sugar daddy for saving them from oblivion again. I wouldn't like to take that chance.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to Morecambe once McGuigan sells up.

From our point of view (and assuming we have a sell-on), we could do with Sunderland going down to give Duncan a better shop window.

I think we do have a sell on and possibly also a further tranche of cash if Duncan completes a set number of first team games as a member of the starting line up. If Sunderland were relegated it would give him a better chance of becoming a first pick?

As I think has been said on here before, like most semi pro teams in this league and probably in NN and NS, what we could do with is a benign benefactor. We don't have a realisable asset (other than a payment for giving up the now very long lease on the ground) and we all know you can't make a profit from running a club at our level. As such there isn't an investment opportunity unless the ground was released for development and in that scenario we'd get a new one and slug of £ in exchange.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:49:01 PM by JTH »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 04:44:01 PM »

The problem for us at the moment though is that we are overspending whilst being on course to get out of this division - in the wrong direction.

At the last AGM, the chairman himself stated that "these losses cannot be sustained on a long-term basis."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:46:05 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 11:09:29 PM »

Carry on like this and we will lose our chairman as well as our manager. Now that would be a disaster for the club, lay off him and lets all get behind the club instead.

To be honest, Lee probrably left after reading these types of pages, also it must have been soul destroying. I don't take much pleasure from reading it anymore either.

Get behind the club!!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:33 PM »

Carry on like this and we will lose our chairman as well as our manager. Now that would be a disaster for the club, lay off him and lets all get behind the club instead.

To be honest, Lee probrably left after reading these types of pages, also it must have been soul destroying. I don't take much pleasure from reading it anymore either.

Get behind the club!!!

In fairness, if anyone left due to a few adverse comments on a message forum that only represents a very small fraction of our support, then they have no substance whatsoever and are best of minding sheep.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team