PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last game of season
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Last game of season  (Read 4200 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last game of season
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2023, 12:58:47 PM »

Suits me - I'd not be going to Aldersh*t and if it's not 3pm they can stream it 😊

Selfish streaming

It's a peculiarity that those who stay at home and stream the game do actually generate some (rather miniscule) revenue for Altrincham FC, whereas those who pay to attend the match contribute entirely to the coffers of Aldershot FC.

To be joyous that the lads that have stuck by us (let's be honest Toby wouldn't habe been the only approached player in Jan) will run out to 20 instead of 75-100 is a shame, all so you can donate about 80p to the club.

I appear to need to point out to you that I wasn't endorsing not attending matches but was merely highlighting this financial anomaly.

I shall be at Boundary Park this afternoon rather than watching events on a screen (but if people opt to do the latter, then that's their prerogative and they shouldn't have to be shamed by you).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2023, 05:38:41 AM »

Suits me - I'd not be going to Aldersh*t and if it's not 3pm they can stream it 😊

Selfish streaming

It's a peculiarity that those who stay at home and stream the game do actually generate some (rather miniscule) revenue for Altrincham FC, whereas those who pay to attend the match contribute entirely to the coffers of Aldershot FC.

To be joyous that the lads that have stuck by us (let's be honest Toby wouldn't habe been the only approached player in Jan) will run out to 20 instead of 75-100 is a shame, all so you can donate about 80p to the club.

I appear to need to point out to you that I wasn't endorsing not attending matches but was merely highlighting this financial anomaly.

I shall be at Boundary Park this afternoon rather than watching events on a screen (but if people opt to do the latter, then that's their prerogative and they shouldn't have to be shamed by you).
I know perfectly well what you mean Cult. Some people need to read between the lines a bit and develop a sense of humour.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2023, 11:58:39 AM »

Selfish streaming

Perhaps you should read my post above rather than being a cantankerous old man.

This isn't about Phils choice of streaming its about his indifference to what a 5pm game means to fans. I'll be getting back on Sunday because of this 530 farce.
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2023, 07:00:35 PM »

Selfish streaming

Perhaps you should read my post above rather than being a cantankerous old man.

This isn't about Phils choice of streaming its about his indifference to what a 5pm game means to fans. I'll be getting back on Sunday because of this 530 farce.

Oooh, you bitch..!

I can assure you that one of the few joys of being an old curmudgeon is that you get to be even more cantankerous!

I'd respectfully suggest that your ostensibly intended point was not clearly expressed.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2023, 07:05:02 PM »

You're still a bit of a kid in my eyes Barry! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2023, 08:05:42 PM »

Yes, leave it out you young whippersnapper !
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last game of season