PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox and Colin Potts
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mark Maddox and Colin Potts  (Read 6534 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Maddox and Colin Potts
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

As for next season...

Mark Maddox: to return as Alty Reserve Team Manager - NOT as a first team player;

Colin Potts: great for us in 2004/05 but to bring him back would be a retrograde step;

Eddie Hussin: has everyone forgotten the seriousness of his knee injury? A colossus for us during 2004/05 but, alas, unlikely to be able to play at that level again;

Chris Adams: another devoted servant in 2004/05....but his time has gone.

I thought that this club was supposed to be "moving forward", as those in charge keep repeating?
In that case, let's see some new blood....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

T.A

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 03:37:13 PM »

I think we should be looking forward rather than back. Maddox and Potts are bobbing on a bit and as has already been said, they are not any better than what we have at the moment :)
I agree, we should be looking at younger players

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 03:47:35 PM »

As for next season...

Mark Maddox: to return as Alty Reserve Team Manager - NOT as a first team player;

Colin Potts: great for us in 2004/05 but to bring him back would be a retrograde step;

Eddie Hussin: has everyone forgotten the seriousness of his knee injury? A colossus for us during 2004/05 but, alas, unlikely to be able to play at that level again;

I thought that this club was supposed to be "moving forward", as those in charge keep repeating?

I agree, I'd rather see new blood as opposed to the same old faces being suggested. 

Butty

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:47 PM »

we need maddox 2 give the rest of the lads a bollocking if gh isnt up 2 it 4 whatever reason ;)

Altyant

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 07:23:06 PM »

If I could bring any one player back to Alty this summer it would be Eddie Hussin without question. We need his leadership and energy.

Totally agree

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »

As for next season...

With regard to Hussin's injury how do you know he won't be able to play at Conference North level?

Isn't it an issue that can only really be judged by Eddie and his doctor?

If fit he would make and excellent addition to next year's squad IMO. I do however agree copletely with the rest of your assesments.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 12:58:01 AM »

With regard to Hussin's injury how do you know he won't be able to play at Conference North level?

If fit he would make and excellent addition to next year's squad IMO. I do however agree copletely with the rest of your assesments.

Jimmy,

Re. Eddie Hussin

Indeed, I do not know for certain whether his injury has meant that the Conference North is a league too far for him.
I used the adjective "unlikely" because knee injuries are often the ones that really damage or even curtail a player's career and, therefore, I fear the worse.
Remember John King back in 1982?     

I agree, IF he was fully fit, I'd love to see Eddie rampaging across Moss Lane again.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 01:22:10 AM »

I agree, IF he was fully fit, I'd love to see Eddie rampaging across Moss Lane again.

Good, I'm glad we got that one sorted.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

altyf

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 05:46:58 PM »

if eddies been competing with marine who got into the unibond play-offs...how far can he be off playing in conf north...they nearly got there anyway...is this to say he wouldnt have played for marine if they'd been promoted

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »

if eddies been competing with marine who got into the unibond play-offs...how far can he be off playing in conf north...they nearly got there anyway...is this to say he wouldnt have played for marine if they'd been promoted

No.
But that doesn't guarantee that he is playing to the high standard he exhibited during the 2004/05 season.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

If Val Owen - who must be about 58 now - decides to hang up his boots then he would be a ready made replacement. Who would be able to get about the pitch more - another year older Val Owen or a still young Eddie Hussin who is working himself back to fitness and just wants to play football?

I don't the answer personally, and I in no way want Val Owen to go, just musing.......

altyf

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »

No.
But that doesn't guarantee that he is playing to the high standard he exhibited during the 2004/05 season.
ah i see...would be great if he could get back to that standard
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mark Maddox and Colin Potts