News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Under 14's Season Tickets Only £35!

Author Topic: Under 14's Season Tickets Only £35!  (Read 3574 times)

Red N White Dynamite

« on: May 02, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »

This offer is fantastic and needs to be promoted in the schools the exact same way as the free admission offer was last week. I'll do another fax & poster if that will help. We need to do this while Saturday is fresh in the mind. Despite the result a lot of the youngsters were really enjoying the atmosphere and £35 is a steal for a season ticket.

Jezza

Re: Under 14's Season Tickets Only £35!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:32:04 AM »

We need a co-ordinated approach...maybe the club is leafletting schools...maybe not and the fans could do it in an organised way (ie I could do Woodheys in sale...could we get a list of which schools are covered by kids with Alty fan parents).
Certainly a poster is a good idea..I can get up on the Timp Metro noticeboard and maybe in Wilmslow (over all the vote conservative posters)

Great idea SGA...have you asked Grahame Rowley or anyone what the club is doing so what we do is extra rather than duplicate?

I also thought once the season tickets are sold...hows about this sort of scheme.

Send out a bulk load of blank entry free tickets (ie no game on them for use anytime this season) (or kids for a quid tickets whatever the club want) to every school and get them to hand out to all pupils.

So that's one mail out for the whole season which could be backed up with reminders.

The kids fill in their name and phone number and school and hand them in at the turnstile.
Then we hold one two or three draws (whatever) for a playstation or something decent, £100 Toys R Us voucher (maybe Toys r us will sponsor?) and a seperate draw for equipment for the school to give them an incentive to hand out...(maybe £100 JJB sports voucher?)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:41:53 AM »

I think it's worth "brainstorming" Grahame with these ideas certainly and I'm all for liaising directly with the club and ensuring efforts are not just being duplicated. Are you able to contact Grahame?

lukealty12

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 11:43:04 AM »

great idea should promote club alot better

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »

Another suggestion:

Inform the local schools in the area, and for every season ticket bought by a pupil of that school, the school PTA gets a quid or two "commission".  There's then an extra incentive for the schools to push it.  Great PR for the club too.  I believe other clubs have done this.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 11:51:12 AM »

Not sure when the next STAR board meet is but would presume it's soon....could chat with grahame then and maybe organise a meet with fans willing to help spread the word?

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »

I think doing this on a formal basis is a good idea. People should not be afraid to put forward ideas because sometimes the most bizarre ideas can bear the most fruit.

If people wanted to put forward ideas anonymously for these kind of initiatives perhaps it would be a good idea to set up an email address to which people can mail their ideas?

eg. altyideas@hotmail.com

Dead simple but maybe effective?

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »

Great news but start the selling process at the schools NOW whislt the thoughts of Alty are in their minds from Saturday.

lukealty12

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

i could mention something to our schoo.l My pe teacher has just got promoted he playes for burscough so will be playing him next year.

Butty

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 04:44:17 PM »

is that £35 for those who are under 14 at the start of the season?

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 11:55:13 PM »

is that £35 for those who are under 14 at the start of the season?

Obviously not the official line, however if you are 'about' 14 I doubt there will be too many questions asked.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team