PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its a good job that didnt matter
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Its a good job that didnt matter  (Read 5563 times)

Jezza

Re: Its a good job that didnt matter
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:27:07 PM »

Although i wasn't there it does sound like we came out 2nd half and just couldn't do it again.....great spirit to come back and grab the consolation goal....as danny baker said consolation goals are like giving starving dogs a rubber bone....sods law the one time we score is the one time we are 4-0 down!!!..imagine if we'd got that goal at luton?

boltonrobin

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »

I just think last nights game was the result of all the work the team have put in over the last few weeks against some very tough sides and then Luton.

I agree, 6 games in 18 days, 4 of those against top 4 Teams. Think the lads may have just run out of steam and lets not forget they have day jobs to do as well  :o

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »

I just think last nights game was the result of all the work the team have put in over the last few weeks against some very tough sides and then Luton.

I just think last nights game was a load of bollocks.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 08:22:42 PM »

Although i wasn't there it does sound like we came out 2nd half and just couldn't do it again.....great spirit to come back and grab the consolation goal....as danny baker said consolation goals are like giving starving dogs a rubber bone....sods law the one time we score is the one time we are 4-0 down!!!..imagine if we'd got that goal at luton?

Utter rubbish.

No consolation. For 25 minutes there the Robin's were bobbins. I genuinely thought they were going to score 7 goals last night.

Wank.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 03:24:08 AM »

to be honest with you BALLERS, to describe tuesdays performance as WANK , is a bit harsh, yes we played badly for 10 minutes and conceed 4 goals, but the other 80 minutes we played quite well, as we have done all season, but i think a bit of contemplacy had set in , ithink ALTY expected to beat salisbury due to their previous 4 matches against the top 4 teams, nevermind it will soon be saturday, a win against cambridge and a good send off for the 2nd best striker that ALTRINCHAM f.c has ever seen  !!!   COME ON THE ALTY !!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »

to be honest with you BALLERS, to describe tuesdays performance as WANK , is a bit harsh, yes we played badly for 10 minutes and conceed 4 goals, but the other 80 minutes we played quite well, as we have done all season, but i think a bit of contemplacy had set in , ithink ALTY expected to beat salisbury due to their previous 4 matches against the top 4 teams, nevermind it will soon be saturday, a win against cambridge and a good send off for the 2nd best striker that ALTRINCHAM f.c has ever seen  !!!   COME ON THE ALTY !!!

Is the best Nathan Comley Excel?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

Barry Diamond
Bernard Taylors barmy army

joe

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 12:49:58 PM »

Barry Diamond

Is it really Barry on the trebor gum advert  :)

JonnyKeen

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »

I'd say he's definately behind Moyo.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »

to be honest with you BALLERS, to describe tuesdays performance as WANK , is a bit harsh, yes we played badly for 10 minutes and conceed 4 goals, but the other 80 minutes we played quite well, as we have done all season,

I'm not sure if you were at the same game as I was DA. Salisbury were very loose defensively and we should have put them away first half when we looked quite dangerous, Clee in particular, but it wasn't only 10 minutes we were awful. We were all over the place for a good 20-25 minutes in the 2nd half. They actually looked like they might have scored 7 or 8. We came back into it a bit, whether they eased off a bit I don't know and we could have got 3 or 4 ourselves on another day.

But make no mistake, Tuesday night's outing has well and truly been stored in the file with wank written on it, in between the file dividers 'ffs' and 'why did I bother?'

Butty

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »

Personally it's a 3 way between Thompson, Bowler and Moyo

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 01:51:32 AM »

wank,  err,  i get it now LOL
Pages: 1 [2]