PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its a good job that didnt matter
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Its a good job that didnt matter  (Read 5560 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »

A shambolic 7 minutes after half time,glad ive had two days off for it, and the height of disrespect from them bringing their manager whos about 50 on as a sub,we were great for the first 20 mins and an embaressment in the second half tonight,not sure ryan browns the answer at left back after tonight.And I hope salisbury get jibbed at the AGM the crooked cu?ts

jimmyhank

Re: Its a good job that didnt matter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:41:22 AM »

Just back and a long way to go to get a battering! Looking on the bright side, I thought Nicky Clee played well and our goal was well worked. Just a shame we fell off a cliff for 8 second half minutes! Right, time to look forward to Colin's farewell game on Saturday.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:25:07 AM »

Well that was just really weird.

First half fairly even with Salisbury looking the stronger as the half ended but no great dramas at either end, Stuart making one good save and Rob Williams putting a decent chance wide. Second half in the time it took me and JTH to walk from their bar round the home end to near the halfway line where we were all stood we somehow managed to let in 3 goals. Total collapse recalling the dark days of our 05-06 and 5-0 at York, 4-0 at Cambridge etc. One they'd potted in their 4th in approx 8 minutes the game was a total non event for the last half hour, other than Senior's goal which was undoubtedly the best goal scored in the match and even had their fans applauding as he ran from deep, playing a 1-2 before slipping a fine finish low past their keeper, all pretty meaningless by then though.

To be fair to the lads they all looked very embarrased at the end and also slightly bemused, in the same way that I believe the game at ML in Feb was never a 5-0 that was never a 4-1 but history of course will not care about that. Best to write off as some freaky end of season blip and concentrate on giving Colin a proper send off on Saturday.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »

we have  had the best season in years, well done ALTRINCHAM F.C. but had we not had the points on board already, we would have been in the sh*t, do we need a new striker, a new mid fielder, i dont know, im not critesing, just makin an observation, but to score 1 goal in 6 hours of football is not good enough,  once again ALTY well done !!

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:38:16 AM »

Think though (not having seen much) that has a lot to do with the lack of Dale Johnson, Tom Kierney and Matty doughty.

Especially the middle one.  :)

If we had been able to keep matty crowell alongside Kierney for a season we would have been top 8. I dont doubt that at all.

joe

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:39:48 AM »

A shambolic 7 minutes after half time,glad ive had two days off for it, and the height of disrespect from them bringing their manager whos about 50 on as a sub,we were great for the first 20 mins and an embaressment in the second half tonight,not sure ryan browns the answer at left back after tonight.And I hope salisbury get jibbed at the AGM the crooked cu?ts

I wasn't at the match last night but is it not a bit harsh to single out Ryan Brown or was he really that bad? He's looked a decent player since he joined us.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:17:42 AM »

I wasn't at the match last night but is it not a bit harsh to single out Ryan Brown or was he really that bad? He's looked a decent player since he joined us.
He certainly had a nightmare 5 minutes at the start of the second half but, you're right, you can't blame just him. He was definitely responsible for the first goal (although it looked a terrific finish) and was beaten in the lead up to the second but after that the whole team seemed like rabbits in the headlights for a while.

joe

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:27:42 AM »

Cheers for that Pompey. Hopefully the lad just had an off day because i think he's been a decent addition to the squad on the whole.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 08:51:58 AM »

Ill give praise when its due,but also tell it how it is if a player is poor,it was a bit heat of the moment to say hes not the answer at left back,but that 2nd half performance was aweful,he was at fault for the first two goals,in what up until that point looked like being another goaless draw.Hopefully he will learn from it.I also feel the edge is going from pete dorans game at present as hes having to temper his tackles etc and probably taking time to adjust

joe

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:57:08 AM »

I've also noticed that with Doran

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:13:03 AM »

Cheers for that Pompey. Hopefully the lad just had an off day because i think he's been a decent addition to the squad on the whole.
Agreed. Would be good to have him and Doughty available but I guess it depends whether he gets other offers. He was full-time at a league club and then Vics. Not sure he looks that good but would he want to just be a squad player?

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »

On the bright side, it's nice to be able to write it off as a blip. Imagine how we'd be feeling if we'd needed a point to avoid the AGM playoffs.
We'd be bricking it on Saturday rather than looking forward to a game in which the only thing that really matters is giving Col the send-off he deserves.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:35:23 AM »

Well we've only been to Salisbury three times but already it's provided me with two of my most miserable Alty-watching experiences. I think the 3-3 was worse than last night though.

We actually played some decent football at times but we started to look dodgy in defence as the first half wore on and then the first ten to fifteen minutes of the second half were a nightmarish blur. Have we ever conceded four goals in eight minutes before? Horrendous.

Whoever said that we're missing Kearney is dead right - my big worry about next season is that we may not have a fully-fit Kearney till some way through. Has there been any rough indication of when he might be back? Without Kearney, we're just not the same side.

Positives? Clee was excellent, great goal from Chris, at least we didn't need the points, placid atmosphere... But still, an awful night.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:49 AM »

Ill give praise when its due,but also tell it how it is if a player is poor,it was a bit heat of the moment to say hes not the answer at left back,but that 2nd half performance was aweful,he was at fault for the first two goals,in what up until that point looked like being another goaless draw.Hopefully he will learn from it.I also feel the edge is going from pete dorans game at present as hes having to temper his tackles etc and probably taking time to adjust
and tackle his temper!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:31 PM »

I just think last nights game was the result of all the work the team have put in over the last few weeks against some very tough sides and then Luton.
Harold
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team