PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Barrow match thread  (Read 23628 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow match thread
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »

Not just Robbie, but the whole midfield tonight - Anthony Danylyk ran his socks off, and Shaun Densmore put in a cracking shift. Ryan Brown looked a different player from his dodgy performance against Kidderminster. And while Welch was man of the match, I thought Robbie Williams was massive tonight !

Particularly 4 or 5 great crunching tackles but Danylyk's performance tonight was reminiscent of MIck Carmody at his very best. It was that good.

Lawton, Denham, Densmore and Welch superb and a gritty uncompromising squad effort.

Thank God Alty's not dead.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »

Tremendous night!!

Good solid first half display & the key moments for me were Phil Bolland putting that header wide five minutes before half time & Boyd's free kick hitting the bar, immediately after we scored.

Good all round performance with Michael Welch & Shaun Densmore both outstanding in the second half........three or four outstanding piieces of movement by Shaun.

If MOM is judged from the first minute to the last, then I have to say that my MOM was Anthony Danylyk....with Robbie Lawton also in inspirational mood!

The Noel White Suite was ROCKING after the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »

Got to my annual game and this was it.

It ws a very spirited performance from the lads - lots of grit & effort. There was a lot of hopeful hoofing and the forwards did a lot of running to get in behind the Barrow defence and to hold the ball up (James Mc looks decent but a wee bit weak on the ball, Denham was everywhere!). On occasion, however, there was some superb play - notably for the 2nd goal.

I felt that Barrow wouldn't score - even though they had a couple of close headers - and I agree that Williams & Welch were immense.

Joseph had a decent game but for the quality of his crossing, Brown similar.

Lawton and Danylyk worked their socks off and Densmore had quite some impact on the play behind the front two. Coates looked dodgy on a couple of crosses but he seemed to be conscious about dropping the ball away from the forwards.

The subs also put a lot of pace into the attack and did trouble the Barrow defence

The large gap between the forward two and the rest of the team showed the lack of confidence as the midfield seemed intent on covering the defence more than getting forward, but this did improve over the game.

The players obviously have a great relationship with Kenny Mc and they all seemed intent on getting us out of the mire. Luck was on our side - but we deserved the luck on that performance.

The reaction in the stand after the final whistle was as if we'd won the FA Cup - there's a lot of passion at Moss Lane.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »

Hope you enjoyed the game JD, good one to get back for.  :)

Oh yes - still got a croaky voice to show for it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow match thread