Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.  (Read 4893 times)

VofD

Re: Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS :) :) :)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 08:53:23 PM »

By the way, the prices in the NWS are excellent. You don't NEED to be a lottery winner. 2 Large red wines for the price of a pint of bitter in Saughall!

We can't afford NOT to be lushes help the club's finances a little

;D ;D ;D ;D

P.S.    Last time I won anything at the game was against Chester Reserves (we won 4-3) in 1966/7 season ... so I think I'm due by now!  :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:55:56 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

seasonticket

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 10:38:05 PM »

Saughall, the suggestion that my wife has a couple of red wines before the game is really not a good idea. If you had ever sat anywhere near her in the main stand you would know what I mean. At the smell of the wine cork her voice gets ten decibels louder. After two glasses ear defenders will have to be issued.
As for the parking problem we got there early today only to find no yellow lines where we normally park, therefore no problem yet.

penfold

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 11:36:55 PM »

I drive to most games but now this situation has arrived I think i will leave my car at home and use my legs instead, thus giving my parking space to someone who needs it more than I do. I normally park just before Queens Road its a safe place to leave it. I bet its knob head residents who dont support their local football team accept when they play in the FA Cup 2/3 round who have been jobsworths and complained to the council.
To be fair Altrincham is crap for parking. The parking lot opposite the station cost 80p for an hour! Which is very steep! You can park in hale for an hour for just 10p! Sainsburys you get the 1st hour free then you pay. My next suggestion would be for those fans who do drive and are able to walk would be to park in Tesco its free and you can stay there for 3 hours. I have stayed longer and nothing ever happens!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 09:59:09 AM »

Having walked around the streets last night with the dog, there are plenty of places still to Park on these roads. At present I would not worry too much. :)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »

Saughall, the suggestion that my wife has a couple of red wines before the game is really not a good idea. If you had ever sat anywhere near her in the main stand you would know what I mean. At the smell of the wine cork her voice gets ten decibels louder. After two glasses ear defenders will have to be issued.
As for the parking problem we got there early today only to find no yellow lines where we normally park, therefore no problem yet.

Even better, ST ... get her in the Golf Road!  :D :D :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 03:19:51 PM »

Flipping 'eck!!! talk about causing a storm in a teacup over spilt milk that hadn't spilt at all!!!!!

Anyways. glad you had no problems but hope there is a long term solution for you possibly already offered in this thread...(I'd go for the getting sloshed on wine in the NWS option myself)......as for the gazelle's terribly useful suggestion your 'driver' drops you off....we don't have a 25p a day chaffeur rickshaw service in alty yet...perhaps a gap in the market place the gazelle could exploit, become a millionairre, buy the club and bring back the glory days to Moss Lane??? he really would be a fans choice as chairman!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 03:56:27 PM »

They've added a few extra double yellows around stamford park, but the main difference is on a lot of the side roads off stamford park road which are now residents only or a 4 hour max stay during office hours on weekdays for non residents, which does not affect Alty matches.  At worst you have to get  bit earlier to the ground or park an extra minute's walk away

Not as good as before but hardly the end of the world or some council plot to kill the club!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.