Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.  (Read 4892 times)

seasonticket

« on: August 08, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »

Is this Traffords latest attempt to try to get rid of one of the few remaining things worth keeping in Altrincham.
Restricting parking (with yellow lines, see Darren's post) near the football ground will deter some people from going. I, a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember, will not be able to go when the weather gets colder. I normally park on Stamford Park Road near the bottom of Acacia Avenue. If I have to park near to Queens Road I struggle to walk that far after the game when it is cold, because of a heart condition. Now it looks like I will have to arrive very early or try to find somewhere within my walking distance. Alternatively give up going to games. Well done Trafford Council.

baldrick

Re: Trafford Council Aim To Closedown Football Club.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:51:44 AM »

Use the pub car park

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

Re Season tickets post above, although the post title is somewhat reactionary, he has a valid point. If the Council are restricting parking then surely they ought to be providing a few marked disabled parking spaces for blue badge holders. Otherwise if residents spaces are being introduced badge holders should be allowed to use them too.
How much parking does the club have left since the flats were built? The club could make some available for less able bodied people if there is room.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »

By the pub I assume you mean the George?...if they have publicly announced this then that is a very helpful suggestion.

This is a serious problem and will be made worse if heaven forbid the council start painting lines around the roads opposite the ground....is ithere anything about adequate parking in the conference regulations?

I can understand concerns about residents making it residents only parking but at most once a week provision needs to be taken into consideration for the football club by the council.....I'd be interested in the club's view, there are many supporters like seasonticket who have to come to moss lane by car not out of choice but for health reasons and concerns like this merit respect and concern.

I can only suggest seasonticket gets to the ground extra early to be sure of a parking space near the ground....or maybe requests via gary warrington's extremely helpful forum a regular lift from a fellow fan who lives near him/her and can drop you off at the turnstile?

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »

Agreed, could we have a couple of spots behind the Pop side accessed from the Golf Road?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

Agreed, could we have a couple of spots behind the Pop side accessed from the Golf Road?

I would imagine they wouldn't introduce residents parking on the roads up from Moss Lane to Hale Road as the ones being introduced are probably there to stop people parking there and walking in to town. I did it last season! walked up to the Metro. You wouldn't want to park as far out as the football ground to walk in to town and save a few quid? would you?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 12:17:51 PM »

I wouldn't be massively surprised to find the residents have lobbied for it because of the football club. The club should have been consulted though along with everyone affected, and have been given the opportunity to comment.

Interestingly though I have heard that down here AFCW have to pay for the introduction of a residents only parking scheme for the local areabeing allowed to expand their ground further, therefore more oless eliminating parking for many fans....although they do have a reasonable car park so could still prioritise for less able fans.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »

Is this Traffords latest attempt to try to get rid of one of the few remaining things worth keeping in Altrincham.
Restricting parking (with yellow lines, see Darren's post) near the football ground will deter some people from going. I, a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember, will not be able to go when the weather gets colder. I normally park on Stamford Park Road near the bottom of Acacia Avenue. If I have to park near to Queens Road I struggle to walk that far after the game when it is cold, because of a heart condition. Now it looks like I will have to arrive very early or try to find somewhere within my walking distance. Alternatively give up going to games. Well done Trafford Council.

I am sure its nothing against AFC- the nazi junta who are Trafford councill have yellow lines everywhere and crazy parking restrictions everywhere.

Ignoring trafford centre- the councill single handedly destoyed Alty town centre through no free parking- why should they stop now?

Turning the town centre into a ghost town didnt bother them so im sure this wont either
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:04:24 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

I think it's imperative that all possible options are explored with regard to alternative car parking spaces as this will affect attendances to some extent.

As stated in the other thread, we could maybe look to rekindle the arrangement with BTH as it is ideally situated. It would need them to be more reliable than they were previously though!

Come on Alty!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 02:33:47 PM »

As an aside, it may have been rather more prudent of Trafford Council to hold off until the tram upgrade works were completed.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

why dont you just get your driver to drop you noff by the front door go away and park somewhere and then come back when you call him. it what we do here

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

is the car park behind the pop side open to fans?
I have parked there a few times or on  cleaveland road.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 08:14:34 PM »

Get there at 1.45, park at the allotments - which will have spaces then - go in the NWS and have a couple of double red wines. That's what myself and Mrs Saughall do! You get chance to read the programme before kick-off and don't have to queue at the bar (order 2 rounds when you go in!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

VofD

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »

Get there at 1.45, park at the allotments - which will have spaces then - go in the NWS and have a couple of double red wines. That's what myself and Mrs Saughall do! You get chance to read the programme before kick-off and don't have to queue at the bar (order 2 rounds when you go in!)

Didn't know you were a lottery winner ;) ;) ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

Didn't know you were a lottery winner ;) ;) ;)

Actually, We are. Won the Golden goal today (39 minutes) !
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team