Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!  (Read 6537 times)

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 03:26:27 PM »

I think we should revert to partnering Havern with leather, Scott can make mistakes, but this current pairing has no pace

Agree. I think Marshall was a bit of a liability last night.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »

There's certainly not much to keep the spirits up at the moment and I can't say Im looking forward to Saturday. Last season, the problem seemed to be that we had no plan B. Now we have a Plan B but insist on using it as a Plan A. Perry is OK sometimes but should we be starting with a formation that accommodates him? I dunno.

God knows where we'll end up this season. Play offs I hope but the team looks like they don't know each other at the moment.

Also feel that Carl Rogers gets a bit if a hard time. Yes, there are a few misplaced passes but also a decent number that reach their destination. I think he works hard and does OK, but that might just be me.

Onward to Saturday

Yes, I don't think Perry is quite as bad as some make out on here and he does offer something different at times, but the way we insist on playing when he's on the pitch is infuriating. We're a technically superior side to a lot of teams in this league when we play it on the floor but as soon as we revert to the long ball tactic we become average at best. Yesterday was a clear example of that. It was an extremely frustrating evening.

At the moment it feels like without Nicky Clee we have no creativity and that shouldn't be the case

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:46 PM »

I'm disgusted by the last two results, but I think it's important to note that despite wasting glorious opportunities against 2 sides somewhere in the mediocre to sh*te category, the title race is not over. We still have games in hand on everyone around us bar Telford, and the same still applies in that a winning streak would put us in a great position, especially with crucial games against Heds and Telford coming up

Also, I really don't think Sinnott can be blamed for the squad. I think we actually have one of the most 'complete' squads in the league, and whilst centre-midfield is a worry, he explained the reasons for letting Boshell go - I'm not sure it's in the club's philosophy to keep someone against their will and we might find that hard to swallow as fans but it's something that stands us in great stead in other areas. Our bench last night of Moult, Wilkinson, Leather and Lawrie are all talented enough to get into the first 11 for most of the teams in this league and that's without two of our best players in Walshaw and Clee! Other than maybe Moult for Rodgers, I can't see too much wrong with his starting 11 last night.

The worrying thing for me is how many times we seem to change tactically during a game. It's becoming absurd. I always thought Sinnott quite an astute tactician and was never bothered by his 'distant' relationship with the fans, I actually thought it was refreshing after so many people gave Heathcote jip for getting too involved and outspoken - but it's as if he doesn't know himself what the strategy is before the game. I think that every game we have lost this season we have conceded first, and the main reason we concede first is when we allow teams to grow in confidence and get a hold on the game. When we're in full attacking mode I think we're the best in the league, but too often we look dis-jointed. I understand that there have been some poor player performances, but I think the overall lack of cohesion is down to Sinnott. Really poor.

As someone else stated somewhere else, we haven't made ourselves difficult to beat in the slightest. We either turn up and win or look lacklustre and lose.

Spot on. The last few games, perhaps bar Stalybridge have all seen us change formation at least twice in the 90 minutes along with playing different players in a variety of different positions. It happened at Barrow and against Leamington especially which was a bit of shambles only overlooked because we won. This cannot be good for fluidity in the side and conceding 10 goals in 3 games has to stop now if we're going to be anywhere near winning the league.

Agree with you on the title challenge too. Luckily we're not the only inconsistent side at this end of the table and we're still very much in the mix but it will only be a matter of time and 2 or 3 more very poor results until that will no longer be the case.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:53 PM »

The instructions REALLY aren't to just hoof it up in the air toward Kyle Perry.

He actually prefers the ball to feet.

However psychologically, when under pressure or losing confidence, players will resort to direct football which gets the ball and therefore the responsibility away from them and passes it to someone else

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »

However psychologically, when under pressure or losing confidence, players will resort to direct football which gets the ball and therefore the responsibility away from them and passes it to someone else

I agree on that. I think he does play better when it goes into his feet but there's no denying that we have a tendency to hoof it up to him when he plays, and even more so when Nicky Clee isn't playing.

VofD

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:29 PM »

How do you know. Have you joined the coaching staff or is this what your BIG MATE SINNOUT tells you. No sign of you defending him after last night's debacle.

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 10:39:46 PM »

How do you know. Have you joined the coaching staff or is this what your BIG MATE SINNOUT tells you. No sign of you defending him after last night's debacle.

I don't know if it's a lack of intelligence by the players or management playing to Perry's weakness (in the air), but I would say it was a mistake not to play our best passer of the ball in Moult.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 11:08:34 PM »

The main problem with Perry is  that he stands in the middle waiting for crosses, forcing our best goalscorer for 20 years to do all the running down the channels. And when the crosses come in he isn't mobile enough to attack them.

Compare and contrast the two delicious crosses by Griffin that he didn't get with the header for their first goal. Walshaw and reevs get in each others way a bit but at least there's always a goalscorer there when the ball comes in.

Sinnott's  played Perry, fine, but he should be able to see this. It's really not rocket science.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Clueless man in charge of some good players!!!!