News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV - 2nd half penalty decisions

Author Topic: Alty TV - 2nd half penalty decisions  (Read 3910 times)

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:07 PM »

Due to various commitments , it may be a couple of days before the full highlights package is available, just to keep you going I have put the two second half penalty 'decisions' on the facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/AltyTV
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:55:24 PM by Alty TV »

markecky

Re: Alty TV - 2nd half penalty decisions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »

That's annoyed me even more. 

Theirs was 50/50 and they do get given but Miles get taken out there, furious!

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »

I felt both tacklers got the ball first. For Miles to get booked for diving was rediculous.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »

There second NEVER keeper fisted ball away, then they both collided .

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:23:53 AM »

From where I was stood, directly in line with it behind the goal, it seemed to me that Miles dived. The angle on the video suggests otherwise but I was even closer than the ref was and I didn't see any contact to be honest.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:09 AM »

If you are going to dive, why not do it on first contact when you enter the box? why try an beat 4 men get into the position to square it for a goal and then dive it doesn't make sense.

From where i was it looked like their defender just went straight through the back of him to win the ball. To get booked for diving is a joke, even if he did win the ball fair and square (which I don't think he did), the defenders momentum would have been enough to take anyone out.

Don't normally get angry to the point of abusing the ref but those 2 decisions cost us 2 points last night.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:09:06 AM by RocketDan »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:23 AM »

From where I was stood, directly in line with it behind the goal, it seemed to me that Miles dived. The angle on the video suggests otherwise but I was even closer than the ref was and I didn't see any contact to be honest.
I agree with this- i was right next to the incident and it was never a pen- however after watching the "punching away" penalty i was convinced at the time that was a penalty and the ref got it right the video has changed my mind- the ref must have been some distance away and gone with his gut feeling as  i did at the time
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:32:48 AM »

in real time I think most refs would have given both penalties.

watching the slow motion our penatly is more stone wall than theirs.

it is unsurprising some cock dressed up in his black kit wants to make himself star of the show...same old same old.....

I think they ought to drug test refs before the match coz I can't think of any other reason for booking miles for diving there.

great now we have this tv replay evidence to prove we have been right all along about incompetent refs....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »

Debateable decisions.

Looked like Collister punched the ball at first but then in slow mo the striker may just have got there first. My instinct at the time was penalty.

For the Miles one, at the time something didn't quite strike right about it but when you look at the replays, well the lad may or may not have got the ball first I don't know but for Miles to get booked for diving was utterly ridiculous. No player in the world could have kept their feet there, he's gone right through him!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »

I can understand the ref not giving a pend for the challenge on Miles but it's clear there was contact from the defender- it's just whether he fairly got to the ball. Shocking to give a booking for 'simulation'.

The first one is interesting. Looks like Collister got to it and it was quite a way off the ground. Wonder what the ref would have done if he'd made a more obvious contact with the ball and the forward had made contact with him that high off the ground. I'd have said his foot was above wait height and can't see how his studs weren't showing which, these days, tends to be deemed an unsafe challenge and a sending off.

All interesting viewing but from what others who were there have said we didn't deserve any more than a point so let's not get too worked up about it.

Longman

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »

I was stood behind the goal right in line with our penalty shout and Miles went down before any contact was made whatsoever.

It was a clear dive.

It was not a penalty and the referee was correct to book him for simulation.

Butty

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 09:28:56 PM »

And here lies the problem- half the people think it was, half think it wasnt, so that answers peoples frustrations about inconsistencies from referees, when you lot cant even agree if it should have been or shouldnt have been given.

If the referee has deemed it isn't a penalty, then why not book him for simulation? It obviously can't have been a foul, a genuine slip on the pitch or anything else, so clearly a yellow card for simulation is the correct decision.

If we are going to eradicate diving from football altogether, then players must be highlighted and punished, and some mistakes may be made, but eventually we will get to the point where diving brings no advantages.

Longman

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »

And here lies the problem- half the people think it was, half think it wasnt, so that answers peoples frustrations about inconsistencies from referees, when you lot cant even agree if it should have been or shouldnt have been given.

If the referee has deemed it isn't a penalty, then why not book him for simulation? It obviously can't have been a foul, a genuine slip on the pitch or anything else, so clearly a yellow card for simulation is the correct decision.

If we are going to eradicate diving from football altogether, then players must be highlighted and punished, and some mistakes may be made, but eventually we will get to the point where diving brings no advantages.

Spot on.  It was a dive, you can even tell from the highlights, I don't know how people can think it's a foul, you see him go to ground before the defender commits!  I was in agreement with the ref that he got booked.

It was such a blatant dive from where I was stood directly in front of him that it annoyed me, he could have pinged it across the face or just lashed at it and hoped for a deflection or something, instead of throwing himself to the floor.  Chris Denham would have been proud of it!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »

Just shows how hard it is being a ref
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team